Official GIGABYTE Forum

MendIT Disasterous Repair Job under Warranty

MendIT Disasterous Repair Job under Warranty
« on: September 30, 2015, 06:40:21 pm »
Hi,

I have just got my machine back from a repair job at MendIT under warranty.
I have been told motherboard has been delayed at Gigabyte and it took 6 weeks to return to me after replacement of the motherboard.
I have just opened up on receiving the machine from UPS and found 1 part completely missing and one part apparently misplaced.
1)   The metal cover/cooling for the chipset is missing
2)   The battery is attached at the mSATA bay 2 instead of being between HDMI jack and cooling fan
This is rather shocking and unprofessional.

On the other hand, I was asked to authorised for a replacement of the battery not under warranty to a Sub-Standard battery as file attached. (original battery = Lithium Polymer 75.81Wh --> offered LI-ION 3S2P 6830mAh)

Although the offer to replace damaged base cover has got a minor chip prior to service has seemed genuine, I denied authorisation as per email attached.
I do demand to have a direct contact to your UK local services manager to file an official complaint about the incidents.

Please do allow for an investigation immediately to maintain the reputation of quality product and service of Gigabyte worldwide.

---------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------

c.w.

Sep 24 (6 days ago)

to me, Repairs-Admin

Hi,

We have repaired your device under warranty and have diagnosed that the battery is also at fault as it is no longer charging.

I have checked your warranty with gigabyte and can see that you are out of the first year and therefore the battery and bottom cover would have to be at a charge to yourself.

Please see below your quote.

If you wish to proceed with the battery we would take payment once this has been fully repaired and tested.

Thanks

22/09/2015

MendIt Trade
 Network 65
 Bridgewater Close
 Burnley
 BB115TE

Quotation Ref# 238313

Dear Customer,

Many thanks for your enquiry; I have pleasure in submitting our quotation as per your requirements.

Category

Details

50105 - 010471933190401221GDGBD5700001

Required Items

Description

Qty

Price ea

Line Total

· 

BATTERY LI-ION 3S2P 6830mAh

£82.75

£82.75