Official GIGABYTE Forum

Updating Bios GA-890GPA-UD3H

Updating Bios GA-890GPA-UD3H
« on: October 09, 2015, 08:05:04 pm »
Hello everybody,

I know that this question is all over several internetforums, but I havent found an answer for my problem yet. Thats why I am asking here myself.

So I wanted to update the Bios for my GA-890GPA-UD3H Motherboard. I didnt knew about Bios updates until recently, so I am still running the very old "FF" Version.

When I tried to update it by Q-Flash, it told me "file size incorrect". So I found out that this is due to the file of the newest version being larger than 1MB.

Then I tried to use @Bios to update. I installed the newest version. I can normally klick on update, choose a server and then it loads. After that it tells me that my bios is now updated and I have to restart my computer. Now, when I check the Bios on my computer, there is still the old FF version, so it hasnt updated.

After that I tried to manually download the file and chose "Update BIOS from file". When I choose the file it tells me "cannot load rom image from bin file, maybe bin file size not match".

So now I ran out of ideas. What can I do, anyone has a guess? I am quite a noob at this, so sorry in advance for a lot of questions....

absic

• Never give up; Never surrender!
    • Bandcamp
Re: Updating Bios GA-890GPA-UD3H
« Reply #1 on: October 09, 2015, 08:39:50 pm »
The FF BIOS dated 2010 is the last (latest) version for your motherboard so I am a bit confused by what you are trying to update to.
Remember, when all else fails a cup of tea and a good swear will often help! It won't solve the problem but it will make you feel better.

« Reply #2 on: October 09, 2015, 09:39:25 pm »
The FF BIOS dated 2010 is the last (latest) version for your motherboard so I am a bit confused by what you are trying to update to.

ehm according to the Gigabyte homepage, the latest version of Bios for this motherboard is the F5h from 2012. Or am  I totally wrong?
(http://www.gigabyte.at/products/product-page.aspx?pid=3785&dl=1&RWD=0#bios)

absic

• Never give up; Never surrender!
    • Bandcamp
« Reply #3 on: October 10, 2015, 07:54:24 am »
Ah be very careful. There are lots of different revisions of this motherboard and they use different BIOS versions.

If your board is Rev.3.1 then you shouldn't have a BIOS version of FF installed on it.

Check the Rev. No of your motherboard BEFORE you try to update the BIOS. You can find the number printed on the lower left hand edge/corner of the motherboard itself. Once you have found out the Rev. number check this page: http://www.gigabyte.com/products/product-page.aspx?pid=3785#ov to find the correct download page (the Rev no's are in blue next to the motherboard number on this page) for your motherboard.
Remember, when all else fails a cup of tea and a good swear will often help! It won't solve the problem but it will make you feel better.

« Reply #4 on: October 10, 2015, 10:14:27 am »
Ah be very careful. There are lots of different revisions of this motherboard and they use different BIOS versions.

If your board is Rev.3.1 then you shouldn't have a BIOS version of FF installed on it.

Check the Rev. No of your motherboard BEFORE you try to update the BIOS. You can find the number printed on the lower left hand edge/corner of the motherboard itself. Once you have found out the Rev. number check this page: http://www.gigabyte.com/products/product-page.aspx?pid=3785#ov to find the correct download page (the Rev no's are in blue next to the motherboard number on this page) for your motherboard.

Oh, that explains! So since I have the FF version installed it has to be a rev 2.0, and for that the FF is the newest available Bios.

Thanks!