Official GIGABYTE Forum

GA-M720-US3 Rev 1

GA-M720-US3 Rev 1
« on: March 31, 2010, 12:52:51 pm »
Hi Everyone

1st time on any forum whatsoever

Have just purchased this board. Am I correct in assuming that if the first part of the serial number indicates that it was made in week 1 of this year, SN1001, it would have the latest bios.

I only ask because I also bought an Athlon II 250 AM3 processor which I would to fit straight away rather put another cpu in and update it, I'm hoping it is version F6.

Thanks for any help.

absic

• Never give up; Never surrender!
    • Bandcamp
Re: GA-M720-US3 Rev 1
« Reply #1 on: March 31, 2010, 05:12:01 pm »
Hi,

Not too sure about the Serial No./Date indication thing but I have learnt NEVER to expect anything where the mobo bios is concerned. And, the only way you are going to know if your BIOS is F6 is to power the board up.

If I were doing the build I would download the latest BIOS and have it ready on a USB drive, install the new CPU + 1 stick of RAM + the Graphics Card and, if there's a problem when I boot up, flash the BIOS with the QFlash utility. (If you're not sure about QFlash check out this thread: http://forum.giga-byte.co.uk/index.php/topic,1589.msg7230.html#msg7230 )

Once I am sure everything's OK with the CPU and that the PC is booting properly, I would then go on to add the HDD, DVD/CD drive and other parts.

Hope this helps.
Remember, when all else fails a cup of tea and a good swear will often help! It won't solve the problem but it will make you feel better.