Official GIGABYTE Forum

GA-790FXTA-UD5

craydd

GA-790FXTA-UD5
« on: March 31, 2010, 03:50:26 pm »
Quick couple of questions for you guys. I got this board on a new build. Installed it in a case, added all the goodies.

The board won't post, the lights for the power button/reset button/clear cmos comes on but the fans won't turn on or anything.
CPU is on the compatibility list, 1 slot of ram, tried booting with the video card in and out.

If the lights come on the power supply isn't bad right? And I didn't use 1 screw on the mother board as the case won't really allow it to go in. One screw won't make it not ground out I think.

I read I should just put it on a cardboard box and try it like that. Will that work?

absic

• Never give up; Never surrender!
    • Bandcamp
Re: GA-790FXTA-UD5
« Reply #1 on: March 31, 2010, 04:24:24 pm »
Hi,

Can you post a little more info regarding Chassis (what wiring loop it has), CPU, PSU, Memory brand and rating, Graphics Card, HDD's etc., as it could help pin-point a problem.

Just because some of the LED's come on doesn't mean that your PSU is OK. I've had brand new PSU's that have been dodgy.

You can build outside of the Chassis to make things easier and it will work but be very careful if you do this.
Remember, when all else fails a cup of tea and a good swear will often help! It won't solve the problem but it will make you feel better.

craydd

« Reply #2 on: March 31, 2010, 05:13:51 pm »
I noobed up the isntallation apparently. I didn't use risers, my first build so didn't pay attention.

I'm going to go home during lunch and see if that helps. If not, i'll post everything.

Thanks

absic

• Never give up; Never surrender!
    • Bandcamp
« Reply #3 on: March 31, 2010, 05:18:24 pm »
No worries,

Easily done, I hope you get it sorted.

ATB
Remember, when all else fails a cup of tea and a good swear will often help! It won't solve the problem but it will make you feel better.

craydd

« Reply #4 on: March 31, 2010, 08:00:44 pm »
It posted. Thanks.