Official GIGABYTE Forum

New build will not work

New build will not work
« on: October 29, 2015, 06:52:36 pm »
I'm looking for help with a build that will not run.

In short, with the PC powered on, the CPU cooling fan runs and the hard drive runs but there is no light from the optical mouse and the keyboard LED's won't come on. There's also no video.

The components:

Giga yte GA-78LMTUSB3 mother board

XFX TS550 power supply

Crucial Ballistix Sport 8GB Kit (4GBx2) DDR3 1600 (PC3-12800) 240-Pin UDIMM Memory

AMD FD6300WMHKBOX FX-6300 CPU

I suspect I made an effor in installing the power supply, possibly with the ATX 8-pin connector. Power supply documentation is sparse.

Any suggestions of what I did wrong?

absic

• Never give up; Never surrender!
    • Bandcamp
Re: New build will not work
« Reply #1 on: October 29, 2015, 07:26:47 pm »
Hi there,

make sure that your keyboard and mouse are plugged into the USB 2.0/1.1 ports on the back panel not the USB 3.0 (blue) ports. The two black USB ports next to the P/S2 socket are best for keyboard/mouse.

Check that all leads from the PSU are seated properly in the sockets on the motherboard. Check that you are using the 8 pin ATX connector on the socket near the CPU, from the PSU and not one of the PCI-E connectors.

How have you connected the monitor? If you are using HDMI and your monitor allows for DVI or D-Sub connection, try using one of those instead.

Double check that all components are seated correctly.

This thread http://forum.giga-byte.co.uk/index.php?topic=3619.0 might give you other ideas to try, as I go through building a PC in it.
Remember, when all else fails a cup of tea and a good swear will often help! It won't solve the problem but it will make you feel better.