Official GIGABYTE Forum

Z68AP-D3 Rev. 2.0 Boot loop / bios update prblm

Z68AP-D3 Rev. 2.0 Boot loop / bios update prblm
« on: October 30, 2015, 09:52:50 pm »
Upgraded FD bios to UA9 beta bios. Was 100% success. After startup, pc turns into endless reboot. Right after the first motherboard beep, reboot happens continually. PC only starts if pc is unplugged and cmos battery is removed then reinserted. PC starts with 3 choices, reset default and boot, reset default and reboot, enter bios. If the choice enter bios is chosen, the pc enters bios but locks up without showing any settings. the setting of reset and boot also results in unresponsive pc. Reset and reboot starts up the pc normally and is working until shutdown. PC does not boot or shut down at all without battery.

Also tried the trick that involves turning off the power supply - keep pressing the power button on pc case then flipping power supply to on position, pc turns on, after 2 seconds flip power supply to off position again. release power button, turn on power supply again, turn on pc with power button. after 2-3 tries, the backup dualbios dual bios option pops up, and recovers the bios to the previous, backed up bios.
This only worked so far as to the pc throws up the usual options, as if it were a bios reset. enter bios, doesn't work, it ends up in an uefi bios texted freezing bios screen. Reboot works only so far as to load the operating system. Unfortunately the OS was installed in AHCI mode on my ssd, so i can't boot into that because bios defaults defaults to IDE mode. OS blue screen, can't start up. Bios can't be set to boot from a pendrive, i'd like to try reflashing a different bios that i found on this topic: http://forum.giga-byte.co.uk/index.php?topic=7410.0  Z68AP-D3 Rev. 2.0 - UA4 (UEFI BIOS with unlocked Ivy Bridge multiplier) which is weird because this bios never made into the official gigabyte homepage downloads section. Since i can't access the bios because it's freezing, also can't set to boot from pendrive, so i could re flash bios.
« Last Edit: October 30, 2015, 10:04:05 pm by bobalazs »