Official GIGABYTE Forum

GA785GT-UD3H

Shadow

GA785GT-UD3H
« on: April 02, 2010, 01:25:48 am »
Hey,

Im trying to boot up my pc however the problem is with the 1394 pin ports. While using the mobo GA785GT-UD3H the pin numbers and definitions are different to the ones of my case which is the Thermaltake Soprano because the cases pin definitions are different. Im trying to search for help with someone of experience and someone who knows how i can match the correct pin with the ones of my mobo and the ones of my case. In the GA785GT-UD3H manual on page 31 it states for the pin no and definitons here - key (pin = definition)

(1 = TPA+) (2 = TPA-) (3 = GND) (4 = GND) (5 = TPB+) (6 = TPB-) (7 = Power 12V) (8 = Power 12V) (9 = no pin) (10 = GND)
The cases definitons for the pin is this:
(TPA+) (TPA-) (GROUND) (VG) (VG) (VP) (VP) (TPB+) (TPB-)
My computer system is this:
Case : Thermaltake Soprano. Mobo : MA785GT-UD3H. CPU : AMD X4 Phenom 955. CPU Cooler : AMD stock cooler. HD : Seagate Barracudea 1TB. Optical drive : Sony SATA. Power Supply : Coolermaster Extreme power 550 watt. Graphics card : HIS HD 5770.

Thanks.

absic

• Never give up; Never surrender!
    • Bandcamp
Re: GA785GT-UD3H
« Reply #1 on: April 02, 2010, 12:36:53 pm »
Hi there,

You need to assign the pins as follows:

mobo Pin 1 = Chassis = TPA+ (Blue)
mobo pin 2 = Chassis = TPA- (Orange)
mobo pin 3 = Chassis = VG (Black)
mobo pin 4 = Chassis = Not USED
mobo pin 5 = Chassis = TPB+ (Green)
mobo pin 6 = Chassis = TBP- (Red)
mobo pin 7 = Chassis = VP (White)
mobo pin 8 = Chassis = NOT USED
mobo pin 9 = Chassis = NOT USED
mobo pin 10 = Chassis = Ground (Black) (Note: This wire could be a little thicker than the others)

Hope you can understand this OK but I couldn't think of an easier way to pass on the info.
ATB
« Last Edit: April 02, 2010, 12:38:23 pm by absic115 »
Remember, when all else fails a cup of tea and a good swear will often help! It won't solve the problem but it will make you feel better.

Shadow

« Reply #2 on: April 03, 2010, 09:09:42 am »

The problem is that i cant start the pc at all now. The power button cables are in correctly and all the other cables. But whenever i press the power button it wont turn on at all. It turned on a couple of times but the start up screen wouldnt appear. Thanks for the info i set it up but it just cant get started now for some odd reason. Can you explain why it wont react when i press the power button even though it is connected the right way and all the rest of the cables are connected the right way. Got an ideas?

Thanks,
Shadow

absic

• Bandcamp
« Reply #3 on: April 03, 2010, 10:26:43 am »
Hi,

does the PC boot OK if the firewire header is not installed?
Remember, when all else fails a cup of tea and a good swear will often help! It won't solve the problem but it will make you feel better.

Shadow

« Reply #4 on: April 04, 2010, 12:56:41 am »
Yes this only happened like 3 or 4 times but it works whether the firewire is out or not but it wont boot up or react to when i press the power button. It just wont react to that. It worked once from pressing the power button.

absic

• Bandcamp
« Reply #5 on: April 04, 2010, 07:21:12 am »
Hi,

sorry but your reply ...........
Yes this only happened like 3 or 4 times but it works whether the firewire is out or not but it wont boot up or react to when i press the power button. It just wont react to that. It worked once from pressing the power button
is a little confusing. Could you answer the following 3 questions please......

If you disconnect the Firewire header and press the power button does the PC start properly? (Yes/No)
If the Firewire header is connected and you press the power button does the PC start properly (Yes/No)
Do you have something connected to the Firewire port when starting the PC? (Yes/No)

Thanks

Shadow

« Reply #6 on: April 05, 2010, 02:02:54 am »
Question 1 = No
Question 2 = No
Question 3 = No

absic

• Bandcamp
« Reply #7 on: April 05, 2010, 06:48:17 am »
Hi,
If your PC won't start, even with the Firewire header disconnected then I don't believe that is the cause of the problem and we should be looking elsewhere for the solution.

Could you post your full systems specs to help with troubleshooting?
Do you get any POST beeps?
Is it a new build or have you had the PC running for a while?
What were you doing when the problem first appeared?

I am sorry to keep asking questions but, for me or others on the forum to help, the more information you can post the easier it is.