Official GIGABYTE Forum

GB-BXA8G-8890 WiFi issues

GB-BXA8G-8890 WiFi issues
« on: November 18, 2015, 08:11:31 pm »
Hello,

I bought the Brix Gaming GB-BXA8G-8890 online which comes with the WiFi Module Realtek 8821AE Wireless LAN 802.11ac PCI-E NIC. However, after fresh installing Windows 10, I cannot stop having WiFi issues:
- By fresh Windows 10 installation, a default WiFi driver (v2023.*) has been installed. By this driver, the internet finds my WiFi network, connects to it, but cannot connect to Internet.
- I tried installing the driver coming with the CD (which is only for Win 8.1) and tried searching online for drivers, the driver is older (v2012.*). Here installing the older driver (v2012) has given me access to the internet, however, the speed does not exceed 1.0 Mbps (where other devices show a speed of 10 Mbps).
- I tried elevating the roaming sensitivity, disabling power management. Still slow internet speed.

Any workaround? Is this a software issue? Where is the Windows 10 Driver??

Thanks!

Re: GB-BXA8G-8890 WiFi issues
« Reply #1 on: January 14, 2016, 07:53:10 pm »
Hello,

I bought the Brix Gaming GB-BXA8G-8890 online which comes with the WiFi Module Realtek 8821AE Wireless LAN 802.11ac PCI-E NIC. However, after fresh installing Windows 10, I cannot stop having WiFi issues:
- By fresh Windows 10 installation, a default WiFi driver (v2023.*) has been installed. By this driver, the internet finds my WiFi network, connects to it, but cannot connect to Internet.
- I tried installing the driver coming with the CD (which is only for Win 8.1) and tried searching online for drivers, the driver is older (v2012.*). Here installing the older driver (v2012) has given me access to the internet, however, the speed does not exceed 1.0 Mbps (where other devices show a speed of 10 Mbps).
- I tried elevating the roaming sensitivity, disabling power management. Still slow internet speed.

Thanks!

Same here, but with a BrixJ1900
At has a realtek 8723BT card.
In 8.1 everything worked fine
In 10, bad reception, disconnecting, low speed.
Installed 8.1 drivers under Win10, and now I have good reception, but still very low speed, 2-3Mbps, while all my other devices have 12-15Mbps.
I think its a driver thing, but if you Google any realtek wifi card, they all have bad speed and reception.

I have noticed Gigabyte about it, and i'm waiting for an answer.
I just want a good working Brix, without having to buy a separate wifi dongle thing or another card...  >:(

MXegbg

Re: GB-BXA8G-8890 WiFi issues
« Reply #2 on: March 21, 2016, 03:23:48 pm »
Hello,

Thanks!

Hey, have you find a solution??
Because I have the exact same problem with the same Brix model and I was wondering if you could help unless you are still searching for help.