Official GIGABYTE Forum

MA780G-UD3H system wont turn off !

MA780G-UD3H system wont turn off !
« on: April 02, 2010, 10:09:25 pm »
Can anyone help?  This is my 2nd build and I'm really stumped. The problem is I can't get my system to turn off! It shuts down then restarts again.  I've also noticed that it is very slow to load windows.  I've tried replacing the RAM and taking out the graphic card to no avail. I don't have the motherboard cd (left on sofa enabling dog to chew it) so I suspect this could be the problem. I went on the gigabyte download centre but that doesn't seem to work which is more of a problem as I've no idea what I should be downloading.

gigabyte MA780g-UD3H motherboard
AMD Phenom x 4 9850 be
Palit GF9500 gt 1024 graphic card
Sony DVD multi recorder
OCZ 2 x 2gb RAM
Windows 7 Home premium 64 bit

Wondering if anyone else has had this problem or knows how to solve it?

absic

• Never give up; Never surrender!
    • Bandcamp
Re: MA780G-UD3H system wont turn off !
« Reply #1 on: April 03, 2010, 07:49:18 am »
Hi,

I had a similar issue with one of my builds which needed a BIOS update to solve it. Which BIOS do you have?
F5 is the latest version and you can download it from here: http://www.giga-byte.co.uk/Support/Motherboard/BIOS_Model.aspx?ProductID=3004 if you are on an earlier version. I would recommend using the QFlash utility for updating BIOS.

Another reason for the PC restarting can be bad earthing of the mobo. It would be worth checking your install and making sure the board is mounted correctly in the chassis.

If your dog chewed your Mobo CD before you installed your mobo drivers you can download them from here: http://www.giga-byte.co.uk/Support/Motherboard/Driver_Model.aspx?ProductID=3004&ost=windows+7+64bit#anchor_os 

Most of the other software on the CD can be downloaded from here: http://www.giga-byte.co.uk/Support/Motherboard/Utility_List.aspx but, to be honest I never really use any of it and you aren't missing much by not having it.

To get a replacement Mobo install disk you can either contact your supplier (they don't always help but, worth a try) or contact Gigabyte who will.

hope this helps
Remember, when all else fails a cup of tea and a good swear will often help! It won't solve the problem but it will make you feel better.

Re: MA780G-UD3H system wont turn off !
« Reply #2 on: April 04, 2010, 08:33:15 pm »
Thanks.  I've now tried downloading new drivers to no avail. The system just freezes. I've checked and rechecked all the connections and everything seems ok.  I don't know a lot about these things but I have a hunch there's something wrong with the board itself. ? I tried those links you gave me but they wouldn't dowload then I tried using DriverAgent on Gigabytes site  it came up with a new driver for my graphic card and an audio driver for the motherboard but the system was so slow I didn't even get to the site yet alone download a driver. What a nightmare! You might be right about the bios  as mine's not F5. Guess I've nothing to lose. The pouch has a lot to answer for! ha ha!