Official GIGABYTE Forum

GV-R928XOC-3GD-GA UEFI

GV-R928XOC-3GD-GA UEFI
« on: December 20, 2015, 09:33:19 pm »
Hello, I bought a used 280x (GV-R928XOC-3GD-GA) but I can not understand if this card has UEFI vbios or not.
The card works fine when I have CSM disabled in BIOS, but it's running at very low res until AMD drivers is installed.

When I have CSM disabled and boot into Windows PE, it does not allow me to change resolution, it's always 1024x768.
When I enable CSM in bios and boot into Windows PE, it allows me to select 3840x2160.

I know that when there is no UEFI GOP on the card, there is not even supposed to show any picture on the monitor when CSM is disabled but since it shows picture I assume that the vbios is UEFI, GPU-Z also shows that it is UEFI.  But how come that it is such low resolution then? On all my previous GPU's I always had native (3840x2160) resolution in Windows PE / in Windows Setup etc where AMD drivers is not loaded.

Also, does anyone know what the white switch on the GPU is for? I thought that maybe it is a legacy / UEFI switch but it's not. Maybe it is just a backup bios / dual bios?

I wanted to try to flash R928XO3D.F71 file to my card but I am not sure if that file is the correct one for my card. Not sure what version is already on the card since Gigabyte VGA bios tool only works on Gigabyte motherboards. GPU-Z shows BIOS Version: 015.041.000.000.000000