Official GIGABYTE Forum

Gigabyte GA-F2A55M-HD2 No post, video or Keyboard Lights

Gigabyte GA-F2A55M-HD2 No post, video or Keyboard Lights
« on: December 16, 2015, 08:13:00 pm »
Hello.

I recently bought a PC off of someone which has the following specs.

Gigabyte GA-F2A55M-HD2 Mobo
AMD A8-6600K APU
8GB Crucial DDR3 Ram
120gb SSDNow Kingston

I have the PC connected to my TV via HDMI cable but there is no video what so ever.

there is no lights on the keyboard and does not work when I press it what so ever so I can't even try and get into bios.

All fans and led's working fine.

I am really lost. I do not have a speaker on the motherboard either so I can not listen to the BIOS beep codes I have however had one ram stick go wrong before and thought that it might possibly be that.

What do you suggest, please help me ! :)

Thank you guys!

absic

• Never give up; Never surrender!
    • Bandcamp
Re: Gigabyte GA-F2A55M-HD2 No post, video or Keyboard Lights
« Reply #1 on: December 16, 2015, 08:28:10 pm »
Hi there,

What revision is your motherboard? If you are not sure you can find it by looking at the lower lefthand edge of the motherboard and it will be either Rev. 1.0, Rev. 1.2 or Rev. 3.0

Can you connect the PC to a monitor via a different cable rather than using HDMI. The PC may be starting correctly and you just can't see it via the HDMI lead.

Silly question but, have you checked the settings on your TV? On mine, I have to manually switch to the correct HDMI input for the PC to show.
Remember, when all else fails a cup of tea and a good swear will often help! It won't solve the problem but it will make you feel better.

« Reply #2 on: December 17, 2015, 09:46:16 am »
Thanks for the quick reply.

The revision of my motherboard is 3.0

and yes I've tried that. I've also tried resetting the cmos by taking the battery out for longer than a minute and putting back in. I've also tried the jumper but still no luck. I'm going to try and get a speaker to see if computer makes any beeps, also a DVI cable and am hopefully borrowing a stick of ram off my friend today to test.

The mouse light comes on and all fans and hard drives are working.

I highly doubt the CPU is dead..

I mean the only 2 options I think I can try now is the VGA cable and a different ram stick

absic

• Bandcamp
« Reply #3 on: December 17, 2015, 09:57:42 am »
If you are in the UK then I would recommend getting hold of one of these kits: http://www.maplin.co.uk/p/motherboard-testing-switch-set-a31gf from Maplin. I have found this to be invaluable when it comes to testing motherboards.

Remember, when all else fails a cup of tea and a good swear will often help! It won't solve the problem but it will make you feel better.

« Reply #4 on: December 17, 2015, 01:18:58 pm »
Hi.

The motherboard appears to be working fine. I have just put a speaker on the motherboard aswell but no beeps nothing I dont understand what could possibly be the problem.

absic

• Bandcamp
« Reply #5 on: December 17, 2015, 01:30:19 pm »
As I mentioned before, the problem could be to do with the HDMI connection.

Found the following on the sepcification sheet for this motherboard
* Support for HDMI 1.4a version.

If you can connect to a PC monitor using a different connection lead, DSub or DVI you may find that the PC is OK and the problem is with the HDMI link due to the HDMI lead or the TV you are connecting to.

« Reply #6 on: December 17, 2015, 08:27:21 pm »
Right I have now tried this and tested my one ram stick in my friends computer. the ram worked fine in his but still no luck for me unfortuantly. I am really lost now as to what to do as I really need to get it up and running.

I don't believe it would be the processor. but it is quite possible?

Thank you