Official GIGABYTE Forum

main bios checksum error

main bios checksum error
« on: January 07, 2016, 08:00:52 am »
dear friends,
i have a pc with gigabyte H61M-DS2 with intel core i3 processor, which i have been running for last 4 years without any issues. but a couple of days ago i started getting this error "main bios checksum error" and my pc keeps restarting itself and does not move beyond the error screen. it does not boot my windows 7 home basic at all. rest of the components seem to be working all right. i also have my pc fully updated with a branded internet security/antivirus product and my windows os is also geniune activated and fully updated.so i do not think there is any virus related issue as such.
i am running out of options please suggest me something.thanks a lot.
john

Re: main bios checksum error
« Reply #1 on: January 07, 2016, 08:10:47 am »
dear friends,
i have a pc with gigabyte H61M-DS2 with intel core i3 processor, which i have been running for last 4 years without any issues. but a couple of days ago i started getting this error "main bios checksum error" and my pc keeps restarting itself and does not move beyond the error screen. it does not boot my windows 7 home basic at all. rest of the components seem to be working all right. i also have my pc fully updated with a branded internet security/antivirus product and my windows os is also geniune activated and fully updated.so i do not think there is any virus related issue as such.
i am running out of options please suggest me something.thanks a lot.
john
Try download the latest bios for your motherboard and reflash the bios hope that solves ur problem.

« Reply #2 on: January 07, 2016, 08:13:57 am »
hi thanks for the reply i did try to flash the bios by pressing different buttons such as f8 f11 f12 as shown in the bios settings but i got another error called " drive not found" . and i do have the latest motherboard drivers installed. thanks.
« Last Edit: January 07, 2016, 08:14:41 am by mymotherboard »

« Reply #3 on: January 07, 2016, 08:19:51 am »
hi thanks for the reply i did try to flash the bios by pressing different buttons such as f8 f11 f12 as shown in the bios settings but i got another error called " drive not found" . and i do have the latest motherboard drivers installed. thanks.
I believe u have to go to ur bios and press f8 regardless did u format ur pendrive in fat 32 and and put the bios inside remember to extract the bios file.

« Reply #4 on: January 16, 2016, 04:52:19 pm »
Hi.
Change the battery.