Official GIGABYTE Forum

Gigabyte X99 UD5 wifi powers on the immediately off

Gigabyte X99 UD5 wifi powers on the immediately off
« on: January 09, 2016, 11:49:05 am »
Hi All, just purchased a X99 UD5 mb and having only installed the CPU (Intel 5820k) and cooler, one stick of ram in the suggested slot when using one module tried 4 different modules also.

have tested the Corsair CS750M PSU on another pc and all fine also did paper clip test and that was fine also.

the board power light comes on i hit the button and fans spin on cooler, then immediately powers off.

have remove the 12v Connector that powers the CPU and the board does power up for a few seconds and loops until i disconnect the power.

As soon as the 12v CPU connector is put back on the power comes on then immediately shuts off only to see the fans spin for a split second.

i also tried a GFX card in pcie slot and that get power as the fans spin.

I am guessing the CPU is possibly dead as it was originally in an ASUS X99-A board which popped and having read many forums say VRM power delivery has been a common issue for various manufacturers blowing boards and CPUs up.

Any ideas from you would be appreciated but guess i should RMA the cpu like I have done with the asus board

Its only 13 months old too

absic

• Never give up; Never surrender!
    • Bandcamp
Re: Gigabyte X99 UD5 wifi powers on the immediately off
« Reply #1 on: January 09, 2016, 12:42:38 pm »
Unless you have access to lots of different PC components, troubleshooting this kind of issue can be almost impossible.

In your position, I would RMA the CPU and have it checked, if only to eliminate it as the cause of the problem.
Remember, when all else fails a cup of tea and a good swear will often help! It won't solve the problem but it will make you feel better.