Official GIGABYTE Forum

Gigabyte GA-X58A-UD5 & Corsair Ram CMG6GX3M3A1866C7

Gigabyte GA-X58A-UD5 & Corsair Ram CMG6GX3M3A1866C7
« on: April 07, 2010, 10:32:29 am »
Hi All
I have just bought a Gigabyte GA-X58A-UD5 motherboard and some Corsair CMG6GX3M3A1866C7 ram.

I believe that I am having an issue with the ram on the motherboard as when ever I boot the pc it shuts down after a few seconds. I cannot even get as far as the BIOS so to make any changes and also, I cannot update the BIOS with the latest version.

I have checked with the memory support list and can see that the Corsair ram TR3X6G1866C7GT is listed but due to issues this part number has been replaced, and according to Corsair, the new number is CMG6GX3M3A1866C7 but I cannot get it to work.

When I remove the ram, the pc does not shut down but just hangs before the BIOS so I still cannot update the BIOS.  Everything else seems to be working fine with no problems.

Does anybody know what the BIOS update F5 consists of?  Will this help with my problem? Don't know how I can do it as I have no more DDR3 Ram!
Best Regards
firejeff
« Last Edit: April 07, 2010, 10:34:15 am by firejeff »

skiigor

Re: Gigabyte GA-X58A-UD5 & Corsair Ram CMG6GX3M3A1866C7
« Reply #1 on: April 08, 2010, 06:20:16 pm »
I boot the pc it shuts down after a few seconds. I cannot even get as far as the BIOS so to make any changes and also, I cannot update the BIOS with the latest version.

I have the same problem but with GA-X58A-UD3R and different RAM  (GOOD RAM 2 GB PC3-1060 GR1333D364L9/2G)  :'(

skiigor

Re: Gigabyte GA-X58A-UD5 & Corsair Ram CMG6GX3M3A1866C7
« Reply #2 on: April 10, 2010, 08:16:41 pm »
Looks like I almost solved the problem with my motherboard.

I went to a technical service center and then we tested it with another power supply, another video card, checked once a socket for the presence of bent pins - and the results were the same - the same cyclic rebooting during the post tests and unsuccessful attempts to reach at least until the BIOS setup . Then I asked to find a different memory module. They brought in a module (Kingston 2 GB DDR3 1333 MHz) set it and to my great happiness I heard a beep of successful completion the post test and saw the Gigabyte splash-picture on the screen .

On Monday or Tuesday I'm going to buy the same memory modules (Kingston 2 GB DDR3 1333 MHz) and run my system at home. So this was a problem of incompatibility of memory modules with the motherboard

One more thing: if you take out all memory modules and run the system for some reason no longer beep-alarm on this board as it usually should be on the motherboard (beeper was attached). This fact confuse us and we really thought that the motherboard is damaged. But not..