Official GIGABYTE Forum

X99-UD3P F20 bios bricked my board

Joe88

X99-UD3P F20 bios bricked my board
« on: January 19, 2016, 09:35:53 am »
I have been using this board fine for the last two months with a 5820k using the F2c bios, this bios has a sleep bug which causes the motherboard to crash and restart after it enters sleep mode for 2 consecutive times without a restart so I tried to flash the F20 bios to see if they fixed it
entered the bios and flashed it using normal mode
went fine till about 35% then all the text turned red and the progress quickly filled up and it turned off, now it starts up for about 5-10 seconds with no post, or beeps and then restarts

I have tried to flash using q-Flash plus through the USB port trying every bios bios they made available and they all do the same thing

Is there anything to fix this?  :'(

Re: X99-UD3P F20 bios bricked my board
« Reply #1 on: January 31, 2016, 07:41:09 pm »
Did you try resetting your CMOS?

Re: X99-UD3P F20 bios bricked my board
« Reply #2 on: July 14, 2017, 09:11:17 am »
did you fix this?

if so how?

I have been using this board fine for the last two months with a 5820k using the F2c bios, this bios has a sleep bug which causes the motherboard to crash and restart after it enters sleep mode for 2 consecutive times without a restart so I tried to flash the F20 bios to see if they fixed it
entered the bios and flashed it using normal mode
went fine till about 35% then all the text turned red and the progress quickly filled up and it turned off, now it starts up for about 5-10 seconds with no post, or beeps and then restarts

I have tried to flash using q-Flash plus through the USB port trying every bios bios they made available and they all do the same thing

Is there anything to fix this?  :'(