Official GIGABYTE Forum

Z170X Gaming 7 sound and boot issues

Z170X Gaming 7 sound and boot issues
« on: February 06, 2016, 01:58:22 pm »
Hello everybody,

I encountered the following issues on my mainboard.

My system specs: Windows 10 64bit
                          Z170X G7 Revision 1.0
                          Bios Version: F6 running on optimized defaults
                          i7-6700K@4.0GHz
                          GTX 980ti
                          Kingston HyperX Fury DDR4 2133MHz
                          750W power supply
                          1TB HDD
                          Samsung Evo 850 M.2 SSD(with OS)

First, the boot sequence. During the cold start, everything goes on but after like 4 seconds it shuts down. Then it powers up for like a 10th of a second then shuts down again. Only the 3rd start up boots the system. In the BIOS I tried to load the optimized Default but that didn't help. Today it booted correclty for the first time because, after the shut down, I didnt unplug my PC from the power overnight like I usually do(I'm using a plug strip). So does cutting the power have an influence on the booting procedure? 

Next is a sound issue. I encountered 4 different scenarios:

1) I have partially sound. It looks like this: Games usually don't have sound, youtube videos or twitch streams might work with sound but sometimes not. When they dont work I have no sound an they are played in slowmotion. The only "fix" I came up with is finding a twitch stream that works, then start up Teamspeak and as long as I'm logged in to that Teamspeak session it seems that the sound is working then.

2) The sound is very loud and can not be adjusted neither with the Windows volume control or the Sound Blaster Control Panel. Muting also doesn't work.

3) The sound is working but then the microphone doesn't.

4) The sound works but then suddenly it gets very loud and distorted and the same thing like in 2) happens.

I'm using a Razer Kraken analogue Headset with no volume control on it.

I also have to mention that I don't have an optical drive so I couldn't use the CD that comes with the board. I tried to download everything from Gigabyte's website but the following didn't install:

Intel VGA: my pc doesn't fullfill the requirements.

Intel IRST: I have a newer version installed.

Intel Management Engine Interface: Fatal error during installation. I checked the device manager which says that I have a newer version of the IMEI installed.

I hope you can help me with those issues.