Official GIGABYTE Forum

Gigabyte GFX970 mini ITX and new PSU causing blank screen?

Gigabyte GFX970 mini ITX and new PSU causing blank screen?
« on: September 13, 2015, 11:01:57 am »
Hi, first time poster but longtime lurker.

I built a media PC for my living room last year and focused on affordable. I've recently wanted to upgrade and begin playing some more demanding games, and though I realize my processor is a little slower, everything I've read has told me the parts involved should work correctly.

Motherboard: Gigabyte FM2 A85X(Hudson D4) Wi-Fi Mini ITX
Processor: AMD Quad Core A10-Series APU for Desktops A10-6800K with Radeon HD 8670D
Memory: G.SKILL TridentX Series 16GB (2 x 8GB) 240-Pin DDR3 SDRAM DDR3 2400 (PC3 19200) Desktop Memory Model
PSU: Thermaltake TOUGHPOWER GRAND 80 Plus Gold 850W Full Modular
GPU: Gigabyte GeForce GTX 970 Mini ITX Overclocked 4GB GDDR5 PCiE Video Card

In addition to upgrading from the 8gb of TridentX that I built it with, I also added on a Coolermaster Hyper 212EVO. I don't know if that has anything to do with it, or what.

I've been running the setup to my television with HDMI and have had no real problems with it until now. Upon installing the graphics cards, I get a black screen. The HDD activity light on the front panel blinks and operates as if the computer is running, but I see nothing on the screen. The fans run, etc. I think everything is plugged in correctly.

Removing the card and rebooting the computer returns it to normal.

I'm not a complete idiot, but most of this stuff was brand new to me when I put this simple build together the first time and I'm a little clueless as to where to begin looking for answers.

Please help!

Re: Gigabyte GFX970 mini ITX and new PSU causing blank screen?
« Reply #1 on: September 14, 2015, 04:39:54 am »
For what it's worth, connecting with HDMI to the card while it was running did nothing.

I'm going to try with a DVI connection, but is there anything else I can do?

Kevy

Re: Gigabyte GFX970 mini ITX and new PSU causing blank screen?
« Reply #2 on: February 11, 2016, 02:17:59 pm »
Some of the 970 have bad capacitors & there is nothing you can do, except sending the product back.
https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=PH49CoJCfCQ