Official GIGABYTE Forum

can't get in the Bios after Ultra fast boot

can't get in the Bios after Ultra fast boot
« on: February 14, 2016, 09:21:38 pm »
hey, i need some help.
i can't get in the bios after i placed my boot option to ultra fast.
i even tried a PS2 keyboard, but it still didn't work.
could anyone please help me.
i have a GA-Z97M-DS3H.
sincerely,
benvo

Re: can't get in the Bios after Ultra fast boot
« Reply #1 on: February 14, 2016, 10:17:53 pm »
I'm pretty sure you have to reset the bios... remove battery, on my board there were also two pins i had to short out, then reinstall the battery after a minute. This is all done with the power off and to be on the safe side unplug power supply. That should let you get back into bios and adjust some settings.

« Reply #2 on: February 15, 2016, 09:59:23 am »
hey, i need some help.
i have a GA-Z97M-DS3H.
sincerely,
benvo

This is normal, intended behaviour for Ultra Fast Boot. If you are using Windows 10 (and possibly Windows 8/8.1) then you can still access the BIOS by doing the following...

From Windows desktop restart your computer with the SHIFT key held down. This will bring up a list of recovery options. Select Troubleshoot / Advanced options and you'll find UEFI Firmware Settings in there. Click this option and your computer will restart and go straight to the BIOS settings.

The above procedure is specifically for Windows 10. It may be slightly different for Windows 8 and I'm not sure if Windows 7 has it at all.

shadowsports

• Xbox One, Drives STI, Use QVL RAM For Best Results
    • Gigabyte US
« Reply #3 on: February 15, 2016, 04:51:01 pm »
This option only exist in W8-10, not 7...  Great tip.  :)
Z390 AORUS PRO (F10) \850w, 9900K, 32GB GSkill TriZ RGB - 16-18-18-38, RTX 3080Ti FTW3 Ultra, 960 Pro_m.2, W11
Z370-HD3P (F5) \750w, 8350K, 8GB LPX 3200 - 16-18-18-38, GTX 970 FTW SC, Intel SSD, 2TB RAID1, W11
Z97X-UD5H \850w, 4790K, 32GB Vengeance, RTX 2080 FTW

« Reply #4 on: February 15, 2016, 09:08:45 pm »
hey, i need some help.
i have a GA-Z97M-DS3H.
sincerely,
benvo

This is normal, intended behaviour for Ultra Fast Boot. If you are using Windows 10 (and possibly Windows 8/8.1) then you can still access the BIOS by doing the following...

From Windows desktop restart your computer with the SHIFT key held down. This will bring up a list of recovery options. Select Troubleshoot / Advanced options and you'll find UEFI Firmware Settings in there. Click this option and your computer will restart and go straight to the BIOS settings.

The above procedure is specifically for Windows 10. It may be slightly different for Windows 8 and I'm not sure if Windows 7 has it at all.

i dont have that setting. its non-existing for me.

« Reply #5 on: February 15, 2016, 09:10:37 pm »
I'm pretty sure you have to reset the bios... remove battery, on my board there were also two pins i had to short out, then reinstall the battery after a minute. This is all done with the power off and to be on the safe side unplug power supply. That should let you get back into bios and adjust some settings.

i dont know how to :(
and i have a CMOS thing on my motherboard

absic

• Never give up; Never surrender!
    • Bandcamp
« Reply #6 on: February 16, 2016, 07:54:34 am »
What operating system are you running?
« Last Edit: February 16, 2016, 07:55:10 am by absic »
Remember, when all else fails a cup of tea and a good swear will often help! It won't solve the problem but it will make you feel better.