Official GIGABYTE Forum

Gigabyte P35X V5 questions

Bannik

Gigabyte P35X V5 questions
« on: May 08, 2016, 01:12:05 pm »
Hi all, I am new to the forum, looking to buy a Gigabye laptop, so an account with a support forum is advisable as I may need support at some point. I am seeking help at the moment, but will provide help if I am able.

I have narrowed down my choice of new laptop to the Gigabyte P35X V5 with the 4K screen and the Blu-Ray rewriter, this will be the first time that I have ever owned a high end gaming laptop and the main reasons behind my decision (why I chose this over the top 15.6 inch MSI laptop for example) are:

1) 4K screen.
2) 8GB GTX 980M in a 15.6 inch laptop.
3) Upgradable to 32GB DDR4 memory.
4) Swapable optical drive / hard drive with caddy provided.
5) NVME SSD.

Sorry for the long introduction, my questions are these:

1) As this laptop has a 4K screen and Blu-Ray drive, will it be able to play 4K Blu-Ray movies? (Not necessarily out of the box, will it require a different Blu-Ray drive and / or firmware upgrade? etc.).

2) Does the laptop come with any software preinstalled that will play DVDs / Blu-Rays and if so, is this software an activated full version? Or a trial version?

If the software is a trial version, what software would you recommend? I am currently using Cyberlink PowerDVD Ultimate 14 and I am not keen on it so I need something else that can play Blu-Ray movies and I don't mind paying.

Thank you very much for your help, hope to hear something soon.