Official GIGABYTE Forum

P55-UD5 unable to startup

P55-UD5 unable to startup
« on: April 10, 2010, 10:56:04 am »
Hi,

I've a P55-UD5 board with Intel Core i5 CPU, MSI N275GTX Graphics Card and 2 x 2GB Elite DDR3 RAM. For the past 5 months, there has been a weird beep sound that is given periodically by the system. Other than this, when I start the system from cold boot, there is a frequent issue whereby the system just power down suddenly after about 5-10 mins of usage. Sometimes, when this happen, the ACPI S4-S5 LED would light up (red in colour), and I have to remove power from the system for about 30 secs before connecting back to start the system

Now, even by removing power from the system, I still can't get the system to boot up properly. When power is turn on but before I power on the system, the ACPI S4-S5 LED would stay on. After power on, all the phase LED, 2 of the memory LED (yellow) and the blue CPU LED would light up and then the system would power down immediately within 1 sec. The system would then try to power up again and the same cycle will continue until I remove power from the system totally.

I've tried to remove all peripherials, include the CPU and the RAM, and tried to start the motherboard on it's own, but I still getting the same results. Anyone has an idea of what might be causing this?

P.S. My problem is not due to the 8 pin power connector not connected. I've connected both the 24pin and 8 pin power connectors.

Thanks