Official GIGABYTE Forum

RMA Process time

furby

RMA Process time
« on: March 15, 2016, 10:46:48 am »
Hi all,

No fun to make your first post a moany one but, how long do motherboards RMA's usually take? It has been 6 weeks since I sent my board back and my seller/supplier seems unable to get any information.

Also is there some place I can make a complaint?

absic

• Never give up; Never surrender!
    • Bandcamp
Re: RMA Process time
« Reply #1 on: March 15, 2016, 10:55:23 am »
Are you in the UK?
Remember, when all else fails a cup of tea and a good swear will often help! It won't solve the problem but it will make you feel better.

furby

« Reply #2 on: March 15, 2016, 11:19:12 am »
Yes

absic

• Bandcamp
« Reply #3 on: March 15, 2016, 11:28:29 am »
Have you sent the board directly to Gigabyte or are you trying to resolve the issue through the retailer?

Usually, Gigabyte are pretty good and have a turnaround of 7 - 10 working days if they are busy but, quite often, it is quicker than that.
Remember, when all else fails a cup of tea and a good swear will often help! It won't solve the problem but it will make you feel better.

furby

« Reply #4 on: March 15, 2016, 11:51:37 am »
I sent it back to supplier who sent it back to Gigabyte. Gigabyte don't deal with customers so I can't get the details of what's happening. They just say it's with their Gigabyte account manager

absic

• Bandcamp
« Reply #5 on: March 15, 2016, 12:00:11 pm »
Sometimes retailers can drag their heels over warranty claims and they blame the manufacturer, so please bear this in mind.

I have sent you a PM with contact details for someone that is in a better position to help you find out what is happening.

furby

« Reply #6 on: March 15, 2016, 12:07:17 pm »
Thanks. Yes after a couple of weeks waiting I've been chasing them most days. They say they are chasing it and it's seems genuine, will have to find out  :-\