Official GIGABYTE Forum

R9 270x artifacts RMA problem

R9 270x artifacts RMA problem
« on: July 26, 2016, 07:28:42 pm »
I have emailed Gigabyte support in june about troubles i have with my Gigabyte R9 270x - I had artifacts everyday on windows 10 (on 7 i still have them, not all the time though, weird). The only problem there is with RMA - I don't have the proof or purchase. And the reason for it is simple - I bought used card because I couldn't afford a new one and the seller didn't give any receipt.

I wanted to contact him - maybe he still has it, but sadly his account is suspended (I do not know why, he had 99% positive comments, surprise to me, because I always check people if I buy something used from someone and this guy was really legit). I explained it in my email but of course I got response that I need any proof or purchase in order to get a RMA number. I gave them serial number from my card and I got informed that the card is still on warranty because first digits say that the card was produced at the beginning of the 2014. It is surprising for me that I need a proof of purchase for RMA. I understand the rules - they are necessary, but this is something weird for me to be honest.

I had problems with logitech once and didn't need anything, just serial number, same with kingston. It is weird that such big companies rely on small pieces of paper instead of electronic files. Also all of R9 270x cards from Gigabyte are on warranty because the release date was in october 2013, and Gigabyte gives 3 years of warranty. I don't know why do I need to keep an invoice if there is a S/N then I think it is better to rely on this thing - it is better, I keep all of my invoices at home, I even have one of my old PC, all of the new stuff except this graphic card, because I've never received it. All I can get is the screen/proof of transaction with other guy on page similar to ebay.

Can someone arrange to have my RMA sorted out so I won't have to see this artifacts every week and use the product I paid for? It is very sad for me that gigabyte doesn't want to help me because I'm not a person who got work and it isn't easy to get one in my region so it kinda freaks me out that I will have to live with this broken graphic card because I won't lie, I spend a lot of time with games so it isn't easy for me. I absolutely didn't expect that such a big and good company like Gigabyte relies on some pieces of papers to be honest. Every motherboard I ever had came from them so it is rather unexpected and unwanted situation for sure.

Please, help me someone.
Kind regards.

TFisher

Re: R9 270x artifacts RMA problem
« Reply #1 on: July 26, 2016, 10:07:38 pm »
Try taking a screen shot of the "proof of transaction". Maybe they will accept that.
Asus Z270 Prime A/i7- 6700k / Corsair H110/Samsung 850 Evo SSD 250gig/3x Seagate 1tb Storage/16 gig Corsair Vengeance DDR4 2800/Asus GTX 1070 8GB OC/Corsair AX 760i PSU/Logitech Z-5500 Sound/Win 10 x64 /Corsair 780T Case/48" Sony monitor/

Re: R9 270x artifacts RMA problem
« Reply #2 on: July 27, 2016, 08:18:30 am »
I already have asked them if I would get the screenshot of proof of transaction then it would fix the problem, the answer of course was no - otherwise I wouldn't write a topic here, I didn't enclose the screenshot, only asked, because I would need to email the page on which I bought the product, because the auction went to the archive of the page so it is no longer possible for me to take a screenshot just like that, I would have to write to the support and then I would receive it back. But it wouldn't change anything, I asked GA support. I don't know what to do to be honest, I always keep the proof of purchases if I get them and actually I never needed them even in RMA, this is the first time I send S/N to support and they reply that I need an invoice to my card fixed/replaced... :(