Official GIGABYTE Forum

GA-Z87-D3HP no POST, constant beep, boot loop

GA-Z87-D3HP no POST, constant beep, boot loop
« on: December 11, 2013, 03:37:03 am »
Gigabyte GA-Z87-D3HP motherboard and Intel Core i3 4330 combo. Support site says I need F5 BIOS to run, I'm guessing motherboard shipped with F4.

The problem: When power on, motherboard makes continuous beep, no image on screen, fans on, boot loop and repeat.

Please help to diagnose and repair this problem, thank you.

Re: GA-Z87-D3HP no POST, constant beep, boot loop
« Reply #1 on: December 11, 2013, 06:17:58 pm »
Gigabyte GA-Z87-D3HP motherboard and Intel Core i3 4330 combo. Support site says I need F5 BIOS to run, I'm guessing motherboard shipped with F4.

The problem: When power on, motherboard makes continuous beep, no image on screen, fans on, boot loop and repeat.

Please help to diagnose and repair this problem, thank you.

Have you checked that the PSU has enough power for your tower? I had a problem similar with yours and I found out that the pins of the CPU on the motherboard were bent from the beginning. It's a good idea to check it just to be sure.

« Reply #2 on: August 16, 2014, 01:13:50 pm »
I have the same problem on a brand new build. (At least I think it's the same problem, my case doesn't have a speaker so I don't know about a beep.)

At first I had the motherboard with EVERYTHING connected to it (unwise I know :-[):
  • Core i7-4790K
  • 4x 8GB DDR3 2133 MHz (Kingston HyperX Beast brand)
  • MSI AMD Radeon R7250 (factory-overclocked)
  • Gigabyte NVidia GeForce GTX-550 Ti - not really relevant, but in case you're wondering, the reason I have both an AMD and an NVidia GPU is because I want to set up a virtual machine with VGA passthrough :)
  • 128GB Plextor SSD (came with motherboard)
  • 60GB OCZ SSD
  • 160GB Hitachi HDD
  • 1TB Hitachi HDD
  • My PSU is 800 watts.

Afterwards I disconnected everything but the CPU, RAM, PSU and power switch, then I even disconnected the RAM. (I tried putting back just one module at one point). I've cleared CMOS at least twice to no avail. I even tried without CPU, but I didn't expect that to get me anywhere. :P I put in a RAM module from my old PC, which was 4GB and 1333MHz (a speed which I believe is explicitly listed as supported). I have also tried powering it on outside the case, to make sure it wasn't some short due to an installation error.

I'm all out of ideas here, what could be going wrong?

trewqa

« Reply #3 on: November 03, 2014, 03:59:17 pm »
Exactly the same here. CPU 4790k.... Any help?

fonyat

« Reply #4 on: December 24, 2016, 02:10:07 pm »
I´m aware this post is old, sorry to bring it back but I must ask if you guys managed to fixe it...
There are TONS of boot loop issues on the forum, apparently only the ones with X99 chipset have a solution.
Gigabyte is been very absent on that matter, from both, regular support channels and forums.
It´s a known problem, very frustrating!