Official GIGABYTE Forum

DC Power jack.

DC Power jack.
« on: March 30, 2016, 02:22:35 am »
Im hoping someone can help me please. My G/fs son has a gigabyte laptop model P35W V2-CF4 and the jack to the mains power lead has burnt out on the board. Im more than capable of replacing it, in fact the mobo is already out and the damaged jack is removed, but Im having serious problems obtaining the correct part. Ive spent two days searching the web and found every other make of jack plug except the one that I need. If one of you good people could point me in the right direction Id very much appreciate it.
Thank you kindly.
Dean.

Re: DC Power jack.
« Reply #1 on: March 30, 2016, 05:16:25 pm »
Edit:
After running various tests it appears that the MB is fried, Ive opened a ticket with Gigabyte as Im having problems sourcing a replacement board and am awaiting a reply. Has anyone got any suggestions, Im in the London area.
Thanks again.
Dean.

absic

• Never give up; Never surrender!
    • Bandcamp
« Reply #2 on: March 30, 2016, 05:29:27 pm »
Hi,

I have contacted you via PM.
Remember, when all else fails a cup of tea and a good swear will often help! It won't solve the problem but it will make you feel better.

« Reply #3 on: March 30, 2016, 05:50:56 pm »
Hi,

I have contacted you via PM.

Thank you kindly, much appreciated.
Dean.

« Reply #4 on: April 19, 2016, 04:35:31 pm »
After speaking to mendit, I was informed that the cost of a new mobo is 450 quid plus vat and delivery. Im convinced I can repair the old board but cannot source a dc jack as mendit will not supply me with one, and it seems that every make other than gigabyte is available to buy online.
So basically, I either have a choice of 450 quid for a new motherboard, or buying a new laptop, just because the dc power jack is broken. To say Im not happy is an understatement. If anyone can point me in the right direction to acquire a new dc jack Id appreciate it.
Dean.
« Last Edit: April 19, 2016, 05:48:16 pm by dean_london »