Official GIGABYTE Forum

Windows 7 not booting up?

Windows 7 not booting up?
« on: March 31, 2016, 09:58:24 am »
Last night, i shutdown my computer with 2 programs open at the time, they closed, it went off, done. Woke up today, switched my computer on, and had the usual "gigabyte boot up menu" which goes in a few seconds before windows 7 starts up, however this time, it'd go past the gigabyte screen and after that i was just left with a black screen with a blinking underscore in the top left corner of the screen. Now this PC is new, i ordered it for christmas, so its 4 months in use and is already having problems. It is a gaming PC, bought it pre-built, from that I was planning to order a graphics card etc as the graphics were intergrated. I do not know much about working on PC's as im fairly new, but there must be an easier way then buying something or backing it up and converting it or whatever >:(

Re: Windows 7 not booting up?
« Reply #1 on: November 09, 2016, 12:37:56 pm »
It's not finding the boot up hard drive.

Can you enter the BIOS and check that it is booting from correct drive or says windows boot manager.

Also make sure you have no cd roms in drive or usb sticks as it may be trying to boot from them possibly..

Re: Windows 7 not booting up?
« Reply #2 on: November 09, 2016, 12:40:56 pm »
jst saw you posted years ago.. sorry i just joined, guess nobody uses this much