Official GIGABYTE Forum

x99p-SLI not detecting second GPU - "base system device" in device manager

There is a broken device in Device Manager - shows up as "base system device", and in properties has "PCI slot 2 (PCI bus 4, device 0, function -). When I install second GPU in slot 2 - it's not detected at all. However in slot 3 it is detected and working, but the "base system device" is still showing. How do I fix that?

I would rather put the second card in slot 2, it has more lanes and there will be more room for air to cool the main GPU.
Roman Bershadsky

web designer, composer
Roman Design - award-winning Toronto Web Design Studio - corporate and small business web design in Toronto and GTA, Ontario
My music: Moebius Cat

dmdilks

• "If it isn't broke don't fix it"
    • http://dmdcomputerservice.webs.com/
Look in Miscellaneous Settings and under PCIe Slot Configuration maybe you can change something in there.

Plus have you done this too:

When two or more graphics cards are installed, we recommend that you connect the SATA power cable from the power supply to the ATX4P connector to ensure system stability.
« Last Edit: April 15, 2016, 12:12:36 am by dmdilks »
X299X Aorus Master, i9-9940x-3.30Ghz, 64gb G-Skill DDR4-2400, MSI RTX-3070 8GB, Cooler Master case, Thermal-take PSU 850w, 1-M2-NMVe SSD-512gb, 3-Pny 1TB SSD, 2-WD Raptors 1TB, Win 10 pro 64bit, Asus 35" 144Mhz Monitor.