Official GIGABYTE Forum

GIGABYTE G1 Gaming GA-Z170X-Gaming 7 (rev. 1.0) LGA 1151 (AUDIO ISSUES)

Hi Guys, I just joined the Forums. I Live in USA but I couldn't find a Gigabyte forum in USA so I joined this one.

I have the Gigabyte G1 Gaming GA-Z170X-Gaming 7 (rev. 1.0) I owned this Mobo for about 3 months. I got it from Newegg an online store here in the US. Its a good board all around, however I have being having really bad audio issues with it. I noticed many people on the reviews on Newegg also have had the same issue.

The problem is that I will be watching Youtube, or playing a Game, for example Rainbow Six Siege or any game, and suddenly the Audio gets extremely distorted and you can no longer hear normal sounds, everything has a metal sound to it and its extremely distorted.

I have updated the Audio drivers from the Gigabyte website but it didn't fix the problem. In fact it may them worse. The audio crash happens about 1 or 2 times a day, and about 3 times a week. The only way I found to fix it its to restart the Computer.

I am using the default (Updated of course) Sound Blaster Recond 3Di software. I noticed another small issue that also required me to restart my Computer to fix it and that's when the Sound control on the bottom right corner where the Time and date is (Windows 7 by the way 64-bit) stops responding. All the way up or all the way down, nothing responds, however mute does work for both of these issues.

Does anyone have the same issue and has some solutions that they can share with me? I would appreciate it.

Thanks Guys.

Leppermessiah

• Z170X-Gaming 7, BIOS F7
I myself have never experienced this issue (thankfully), but from what I've gathered from those who have is that it is allegedly an issue with the drivers and the replaceable op-amp on the mobo.  The solution that has worked for people (other than replacing the op-amp) is to disable all of the sound enhancements and disable the SBX Pro Studio and Crystal Voice.

Also update your Bios, as I think this has helped some people.

If that doesn't fix it, try rolling back the drivers.

If that doesn't work, you can try replacing the op-amp. You can find some cheap ones on Amazon.  Or you could use the optical output instead of the analog.  Or you could do bluetooth.

If that doesn't work, you may just need to buy a dedicated sound card like a Xonar or Sound Blaster Recon 3D or something.  A USB DAC is an inexpensive option: BEHRINGER U-CONTROL UCA222 https://www.amazon.com/dp/B0023BYDHK/ref=cm_sw_r_cp_awd_K8Afxb89PFH2B

Like I said, I haven't experienced this, so forgive me if I am misinformed.

There is a long thread here about these kinds of issues: http://forum.giga-byte.co.uk/index.php?topic=16850.0
« Last Edit: April 19, 2016, 05:12:16 am by Leppermessiah »

Thank you for replying with the tips. I will give some of these things a try.

Cheers!

Leppermessiah

• Z170X-Gaming 7, BIOS F7
Be sure to let us know what worked (or didn't work) for you.  :)