Official GIGABYTE Forum

GA-P55M-UD2 - The BIOS auto-update (@BIOS) killed my computer! help!!

So I recently bought a custom PC with a GA-P55M-UD2 motherboard, Radeon hd 4760 card, and running windows 7.

It was working perfectly, until I decided to update the BIOS with the auto-update program on the CD that came with the motherboard. The first boot up after the update, the computer crashes completely from my desktop. Ever since I have not been able to do anything but get into the BIOS settings without it crashing. That includes; system restore, memory diagnostics, safe-mode, windows reinstall from CD, etc. Occasionally I can get it to the windows login screen before it crashes, but all I see is a black screen with my mouse cursor.

I’ve tried taking out the motherboard's battery for 10 minutes, as well as flashing the bios with no luck. I really liked my computer, someone tell me how to fix this! : (
« Last Edit: April 12, 2010, 11:16:40 pm by mattwilliams85 »

Fatman

Re: GA-P55M-UD2 - The BIOS auto-update (@BIOS) killed my computer! help!!
« Reply #1 on: April 13, 2010, 10:06:27 pm »
Well first of all did you disable your anti virus before you decided to update your bios using @bios? The worst thing you can do is use @bios because it's like russian roulette with your system. Chances are you have probrably bricked your board with a bad bios flash, meaning you now have a brick.. Did you make sure you downloaded the correct bios for your board and it's revision? I quess you could try to use Q flash to try fix your bios with the correct bios. Or you could try to RMA your board. Either way good luck.

I shamelessly lifted this from the tweak town forums for you. Thanks to lsdmeasap

http://forums.tweaktown.com/f69/bios-flashing-how-qflash-guide-27576/