Official GIGABYTE Forum

[Z97-HD3 rev 2.1] High resolution gigabyte logo

[Z97-HD3 rev 2.1] High resolution gigabyte logo
« on: June 14, 2016, 01:17:39 pm »
Hello!

I have bought gigabyte motherboard - GA-Z97-HD3 rev 2.1. Previously, I had ASRock H87 PRO4 but I have damaged few pins in processor socket. Ultra Fast boot option on ASRock motherboards causes switch EFI video driver from initial 1024x768 resolution to native screen resolution - in my case it is 1920x1080. I chose the same option in UEFI of Gigabyte motherboard but the boot resolution and resolution of Gigabyte logo at start are stiil 1024x768. How can I change that? I know that there is toggle switch resolution in Gigabyte UEFI and it changes resolution of the UEFI, but resolution at start is still the same as it was. I have the newest version of UEFI (F10c)
« Last Edit: June 14, 2016, 01:20:35 pm by corsseir »

dmdilks

• "If it isn't broke don't fix it"
    • http://dmdcomputerservice.webs.com/
Re: [Z97-HD3 rev 2.1] High resolution gigabyte logo
« Reply #1 on: June 14, 2016, 03:51:40 pm »
Let me get this right you are talking about when you first bootup. You are looking at the Gigabyte Logo screen right. It will never change because there is no driver installed in Dos mode. I don't know about the AsRock board.

I have been doing this for 35 yrs and I have never seen or heard that you can change the resolution of the boot logo. If you can then there is something I learn today.
X299X Aorus Master, i9-9940x-3.30Ghz, 64gb G-Skill DDR4-2400, MSI RTX-3070 8GB, Cooler Master case, Thermal-take PSU 850w, 1-M2-NMVe SSD-512gb, 3-Pny 1TB SSD, 2-WD Raptors 1TB, Win 10 pro 64bit, Asus 35" 144Mhz Monitor.

sygnus21

« Reply #2 on: June 14, 2016, 05:38:15 pm »
Let me get this right you are talking about when you first bootup. You are looking at the Gigabyte Logo screen right. It will never change because there is no driver installed in Dos mode. I don't know about the AsRock board.

I have been doing this for 35 yrs and I have never seen or heard that you can change the resolution of the boot logo. If you can then there is something I learn today.

Uh.... what I believe the OP is saying is that the video card (GPU) is not displaying in full resolution in the UEFI BIOS. This usually happens when the UEFI BIOS doesn't properly the video card UEFI.  Anyway yes you can (in a sense) toggle the resolution in a UEFI BIOS. However, as I said, if the UEFI BIOS is displayed in a low res state, the GPU isn't properly being read as UEFI capable. However, this wouldn't stop the card from fully functioning in Windows, it's just a UEFI BIOS thing.  That said, it CAN affect your ability to use secure boot.

BTW I'm having the same issue with my GA-Z170X-Gaming GT board, where my Sapphire Tri-X R9 Fury is doing the same... not running in full res in the UEFI BIOS.  However, this unfortunately is a known issue with some of these cards... https://www.sapphireforum.com/showthread.php?34123-R9-Fury-Tri-X-won-t-work-with-CSM-disabled In this state, the card will also not display the UEFI BIOS in full res. It has also prevented me from enabling secure boot. Fortunately though the card works fine in Windows, so no issues there.

At the OP, it may simply be that the card is not UEFI compatible, and/or you have CSM enabled. Try disabling CSM, and see what happens. Warning!!!... if you disable CSM, and the video card does NOT allow the system to output a video signal... you'll need to clear your CMOS. If you're on the Intel graphics, disabling CSM won't kill the graphics (not output a signal), so you would be good there, and you should get a full res UEFI environment. Been there, done that.

Good luck.
« Last Edit: June 14, 2016, 05:43:50 pm by sygnus21 »

dmdilks

• "If it isn't broke don't fix it"
    • http://dmdcomputerservice.webs.com/
« Reply #3 on: June 14, 2016, 09:51:40 pm »
  I chose the same option in UEFI of Gigabyte motherboard but the boot resolution and resolution of Gigabyte logo at start are stiil 1024x768.

This what I went by unless he is saying something else then I'm reading it wrong. I don't what you are reading.
X299X Aorus Master, i9-9940x-3.30Ghz, 64gb G-Skill DDR4-2400, MSI RTX-3070 8GB, Cooler Master case, Thermal-take PSU 850w, 1-M2-NMVe SSD-512gb, 3-Pny 1TB SSD, 2-WD Raptors 1TB, Win 10 pro 64bit, Asus 35" 144Mhz Monitor.

« Reply #4 on: June 14, 2016, 11:57:51 pm »
I mean gigabyte logo not uefi bios. Since uefi there is efi video driver that allows you change resolution or should automatically adapt resolution to the highest your screen support before even properly OS will starts boot up and ASRock motherboards do this. I can even record short video for you. With ASRock motherboard and boot option set to ultra fast boot, ASRock logo and all boot process has 1920x1080 resolution. For none or just fast boot options the resolution is 1024x768. With Gigabyte motherboard it does not matter what I choose, the logo and boot process still has 1024x768.
« Last Edit: June 15, 2016, 12:06:14 am by corsseir »