Official GIGABYTE Forum

ep43-ud3l Virtualization support

ep43-ud3l Virtualization support
« on: May 07, 2010, 12:44:44 pm »
hi everybody, this is indeed a great forum, but i have yet another question

i'm considering implementing a virtualization using microsoft hyper V server on a computer with ga-ep43-ud3l mother and e8500 proccesor
i know that this proccessor model supports virualization.

my question is...does the motherboard support it? does microsoft hyper-V server is supported by the motherboard? do i need to flash the bios to newer version?

thank you in advance...  :)

absic

• Never give up; Never surrender!
    • Bandcamp
Re: ep43-ud3l Virtualization support
« Reply #1 on: May 07, 2010, 01:40:16 pm »
Hi,

this board supports Virtualization with your CPU and you shouldn't need to update BIOS.

ATB
Remember, when all else fails a cup of tea and a good swear will often help! It won't solve the problem but it will make you feel better.

« Reply #2 on: May 07, 2010, 03:09:56 pm »
wow, thank you for the quick respose...  8)

however, i noticed on some machines in our office HP DX2420 and some others, they have the "enable Virtualization" option in the bios,
and unless this option is enabled hyper V server wont boot.

in the bios on my computer thier is no "VT" option, should it be there? or it is on by default???

tnx...

absic

• Never give up; Never surrender!
    • Bandcamp
« Reply #3 on: May 07, 2010, 03:54:03 pm »
Hi,

Checking through the mobo manuals for both revisions of this board, Virtualization Technology (VT) is enabled by default. You should find it in your BIOS under the Advance BIOS features heading.

If you have any doubts, updating the BIOS to the latest version (if you have not already done that) might be an option but, I don't believe you should have to as VT appears to have been an option since the first release.

Hope this helps

ATB

Remember, when all else fails a cup of tea and a good swear will often help! It won't solve the problem but it will make you feel better.

« Reply #4 on: May 08, 2010, 09:19:04 am »
hi again...

a just updated my mobo to the latest version 4/22/2010
and still i don't see the VT option in te BIOS nether in "advanced BIOS features" nor in any other section  :-[

the thing is, this machine is going to be my hyper V test server and before we buy the server 2008 hyper V, i must be sure it is going to work with the mobo. otherwise my boss is gonna go jacky chan on me  :D

i can't test it now cause i dont have any procceesor that suports VT yet - I was going to buy the E8400 once i conformed that the mobo is VT compatible.

can you assist please...?

« Reply #5 on: May 11, 2010, 05:28:53 am »
anyone.....pls?  ???