Official GIGABYTE Forum

Z87X-UDH3: I can't install any operational system

MXMXVR

Z87X-UDH3: I can't install any operational system
« on: June 05, 2016, 02:24:00 am »
Hi, I'm from Brasil, and I need your hand. After Dual Bios activated itself, I don't know the reason why, W10 started rebooted over and over so I decided for a full instalation. Well, I have 2 HDs and one HD SSD where W10 was installed. I decided to use the very same SSD HD to install W10: I don't know the reason why, but I can't do that anymore! It appears a message: Windows cannot be installed in this volume cuz it's a GPT volume, you must turn it to mvr...or something like that! In the others HDs the instalation goes till 50% and it appears the mistake 0x80070570. Plz help me I'm totally lost, I belived the "Ultra durable" ad. Thanks a lot...
« Last Edit: June 05, 2016, 04:40:17 am by MXMXVR »

shadowsports

• Xbox One, Drives STI, Use QVL RAM For Best Results
    • Gigabyte US
Re: Z87X-UDH3: I can't install any operational system
« Reply #1 on: June 05, 2016, 02:54:02 pm »
Greetings,
You appear to have 2 things going on.  The disks formatting and the error message.

Both should be a non issue.  First, what type of media are you using to install windows 10? 

Please try the following.  Insert DVD or USB install media.  Restart the PC.  Now tap the F12 key (tap, pause, tap, pause) until you see the one time boot menu.  You must select the windows install media with the UEFI: prefix.

If you run into problems, reset your CMOS and verify settings, boot order, etc. and reply with your progress. 
Z390 AORUS PRO (F10) \850w, 9900K, 32GB GSkill TriZ RGB - 16-18-18-38, RTX 3080Ti FTW3 Ultra, 960 Pro_m.2, W11
Z370-HD3P (F5) \750w, 8350K, 8GB LPX 3200 - 16-18-18-38, GTX 970 FTW SC, Intel SSD, 2TB RAID1, W11
Z97X-UD5H \850w, 4790K, 32GB Vengeance, RTX 2080 FTW

MXMXVR

« Reply #2 on: June 05, 2016, 06:54:11 pm »
Greetings,
You appear to have 2 things going on.  The disks formatting and the error message.

Both should be a non issue.  First, what type of media are you using to install windows 10? 

Please try the following.  Insert DVD or USB install media.  Restart the PC.  Now tap the F12 key (tap, pause, tap, pause) until you see the one time boot menu.  You must select the windows install media with the UEFI: prefix.

If you run into problems, reset your CMOS and verify settings, boot order, etc. and reply with your progress.

Thanks for your help. I download W10 from Microsoft and I created a bootable DVD media. When you say "select windows intall media with the UEFI prefix" you mean my DVD? It's the one and only option instalation source, but if you're talking about the drive, I have many options: I can select UEFI and Legacy / UEFI only / Legacy only > Those itens are configurable only when CSM support is set to "Always" > CSM is configurable only when "OS TYPE" is set to windows 8 or windows 8 WHQL:Manual page 53. Shall I do like that?

MXMXVR

« Reply #3 on: June 06, 2016, 07:40:30 pm »
Greetings,

Man, your tip saved my life. I reinstalled Windows 8 2 hs ago and it seems to work good. Thanks a lot. Next step installing W10, shall I use the media or upgrade the pc? I'm affraid using the W10 DVD and loosing all my work.