Official GIGABYTE Forum

gigabyte windforce 780ti up in smoke

andi-b

gigabyte windforce 780ti up in smoke
« on: June 12, 2016, 12:48:04 pm »
I purchased a Gygabyte windforce 780ti back in March 2014 from Scan computers and yesterday evening the card gave a little flash, a puff of smoke and my pc switched itself off. After examining the card there are two areas where the components have failed to the right of the main GPU.
I believe there is a three year warranty from yourselves for this product?
Could you explain and possibly begin the process of warranty return to yourselves?
I have my receipt from Scan.

absic

• Never give up; Never surrender!
    • Bandcamp
Re: gigabyte windforce 780ti up in smoke
« Reply #1 on: June 12, 2016, 05:42:00 pm »
Hi there,

With this kind of issue you need to contact Scan as they will handle the Warranty process for you.

Having dealt with Scan for many years, I have yet to fault them when it comes to handling genuine warranty claims.
Remember, when all else fails a cup of tea and a good swear will often help! It won't solve the problem but it will make you feel better.

andi-b

« Reply #2 on: June 13, 2016, 01:50:58 pm »
Hi there,

With this kind of issue you need to contact Scan as they will handle the Warranty process for you.

Having dealt with Scan for many years, I have yet to fault them when it comes to handling genuine warranty claims.

Yes I have dealt with Scan for years, i've not had issues either.
The question I am asking is because they have told me that my warranty ran out March 2016, I was under the impression that these cards came with a three year warranty and wanted to get some clarification from Gigabyte.
When i bought the card it was the best card you could buy (apart from the titan) and I was sure it cam with a three year warranty. (as does a 980ti atm)
Could someone one confirm the warranty length for me please.

« Reply #3 on: July 08, 2016, 04:10:11 pm »
Hi there,

Yes I have dealt with Scan for years, i've not had issues either.
The question I am asking is because they have told me that my warranty ran out March 2016, I was under the impression that these cards came with a three year warranty and wanted to get some clarification from Gigabyte.
When i bought the card it was the best card you could buy (apart from the titan) and I was sure it cam with a three year warranty. (as does a 980ti atm)
Could someone one confirm the warranty length for me please.

All Gigabyte GPUs come with a standard 3 year warranty; it's probably just scan trying to skimp out on giving you a new one or bothering with the RMA.

Whether it's from them or whoever, and they say it doesn't come with such a warranty, all the GPUs are apparently sent with 3 year warranties based on serial number (apparently)