Official GIGABYTE Forum

Questions Regarding GTX 950 Xtreme Gaming (GV-N950XTREME-2GD)

Hello fellow members, I'm new to this forum; glad to know that you guys are very helpful!

I've recently purchased Gigabyte's GTX 950 Xtreme Gaming edition GPU (Model number: GV-N950XTREME-2G)

I have few worries and questions about this card's behaviour.

1. Why does the card turn the fans on & off after every 5 secs when I'm working on Sony Vegas and Adobe Premier Pro?

2. The GPU turns on the Windforce Logo and the Fan Stop & Silent lights go off even when the GPU is not under load and fans are practically off.

3. Gigabyte's OC Guru 2 software just bugged me out as it made the GPU's Windforce logo stay on forever and the other LEDs off. (However i uninstalled it and now it seems to be fine)

4. Yet sometimes I still notice that the Windforce LEDs light up for no reason when idle even doe the fans are off.

For your info:
Here are my specs if it helps!

Gigabyte B150 Sniper B7 Intel Skylake Gaming Motherboard
Intel Pentium Dual Core G4400 (Skylake) Socket LGA1151 Processor
Gigabyte GeForce GTX 950 XTREME GAMING 2GB Graphics Card
Thermaltake TR2 Challenger 500W 80+ Certified APFC Power Supply OEM
8GB (2x4GB) 2133MHz Crucial DDR4 Memory
1TB TOSHIBA SATA III 7200RPM Hard Drive - HDD

(IKR that its a simple built, but for reasons i had to keep the cost low)

I've played multiple games on it and i had no issues so far. Also tried shadowplay and there wasn't an issue!

Why Am I such a noob?
(That's because this is the first time I've got a Gigabyte GPU and first GPU with LEDs!! My previous cards used to be in a Case without a window and had no leds at all XD)

I would really appriciate your help! Thanks a lot :)