Official GIGABYTE Forum

dead 980 Ti G1 Gaming :(

KrgWOW

dead 980 Ti G1 Gaming :(
« on: June 30, 2016, 02:17:53 am »
Made a SLI setup with two G1 980 Ti's. Was playing The Witcher 3, all good, temps good. My PC goes off, doesn't turn on. Take it off power cord, nothing. Take it off the motherboard battery, boot up, blue stripes on screen, after a few seconds my monitor was covered full with white stripes and PC goes off again.
Tried the second GPU on the first PCIE slot and all good. Working for two days playing with no problem at all.
Tested the defective GPU on another PC, same thing.  :'(  :'(  :'(  :'(  :'(
Already opened a ticket on Gigabyte technical support, day 28, still no response... Anyone knows how long they would take to answer?
ID 271365-1

Bought from Amazon, they tell me to speak with nVidia and nVidia told me to speak with Gigabyte and here i am...
« Last Edit: June 30, 2016, 02:23:53 am by KrgWOW »

KrgWOW

Re: dead 980 Ti G1 Gaming :(
« Reply #1 on: July 03, 2016, 08:18:53 pm »
damn, after open a ticket on Gigabyte eSupport saying about the problem and telling them that i tested the card on two different PCI-E slots and another PC they reply me thinking the problem is on my motherboard hahahah
they didn't even realize that i have a sLI setup , even tough was the first thing i've mentioned... and i've tested also the other GTX 980 Ti on the same PC and it works perfectly
common Gigabyte, don't do that to me  :(
« Last Edit: July 03, 2016, 08:20:02 pm by KrgWOW »

Re: dead 980 Ti G1 Gaming :(
« Reply #2 on: July 10, 2016, 04:39:11 pm »
My G1 died on me too, lasted just over one month in which it didn't show any signs of problems until like yours; just random death. I monitor info with Afterburner on-screen and while the GPU boosted (itself) higher than it said on the box it remained stable and never went over 74C.
The PC shut itself down and refused to POST until the card was removed, it boots and runs fine with an old GPU installed.
PSU is EVGA P2 1000W, Case (Fractal XL) is well ventilated with 4 intake and 1 exhaust fans.

To be fair to Gbt, they were very quick to respond in my case and I have now sent it off for RMA. Sadly as it was EU import they've offered "repair only" service so I have to pray they can fix it or I'm down over £400 and need to save for months again :(