Official GIGABYTE Forum

GTX 1080 G1 - Utility software dont run

GTX 1080 G1 - Utility software dont run
« on: July 02, 2016, 11:17:36 am »
Hello,

Received this graphic card, I format my PC and installed a fresh and clean Windows 10 PRO, apply all windows update, installed Nvidia driver and then finally install the VGA - XTREME 1.02 version from gigabyte website for GTX1080 G1.

Result: nothing. I double click the icon, nothing appear on screen, windows run fine, nothing crash, but I cant manage my graphic card, cant try OC or change led colour.

Yesterday Gigabyte releases de 1.03 version of this software, I try again - now when I run the utility a icon appear for icon tray (near clock) for 3 seconds and disappear.

My build: Board MSI Big Bang X-Power, Corsair 750 watts, Intel I7 960, SSD 256Gb Corsair, BENQ 32" 4K monitor.

Again, this is a fresh and clean install of Windows 10 PRO, no update from Windows  7 or 8. No other software installed, except Windows + updates + Nvidia driver.  There is no antivirus, firewall, nothing. Only Windows + drivers.

After this epic failure I installed 2 games: The Witcher 3 and World of Warcraft and both games run fine on ultra settings in 4k. No issues with the graphic card.

I dont know HOW Gigabyte will fix this, but I live in Europe and by law I can return this to store in 14 days after the purchase date, so If I dont have a solution I will return this graphic card to store in next days. I will not RISK put 800 euros in a new graphic card without a software to manage.

I opened a support ticket with Gigabyte 3 days ago, and now answer. No support.

Thank for any input.

Re: GTX 1080 G1 - Utility software dont run
« Reply #1 on: July 02, 2016, 08:59:52 pm »
I've got the same issue with my 1070 G1.

I installed in my new PC with x99 Designare motherboard with clean windows 7 and windows 10. I even tried in of my older gigabyte x58 Xtreme PC's.

I tried with both 1.02 and 1.03 utility versions and nothing works. Click on the icon and nothing.

My support ticket suggested removing software, reboot and re-install as admin but this didn't work. Still waiting for further reply.

I've got my box ready to send back within the 14 days also...

0ct0

Re: GTX 1080 G1 - Utility software dont run
« Reply #2 on: July 17, 2016, 03:19:07 pm »
Same here - Gtx 1080 G1
Utility was running now won't start.

Windows 10 (with latest updates)