Official GIGABYTE Forum

Gigabyte Brix Gaming - constant crash issues relating to graphics

Morning. I recently bought a Gigabyte brix gaming with AMD A8-5557M APU plus a dedicated AMD Radeon™ R9 M275X 2GB graphics processor and integrated HD8550 with 750mb.

Its got window 10 (fresh installed, wiped twice). Nothing installed on it other than latest AMD graphics driver 15.7.1 and AIDA64 benchmark test software.

ISSUE - the focker just keeps crashing when I stress test just the graphics.
I'very installed two games and both of them crash just at the loading stage.

I managed to get one of them to load, join the game and all the scene mapping was flat grey in colour.

I'm planning to download a copy of windows 8.1 and try that because I can't think of anything else other than:

Flash the bios?
Remove the R9 275x and see if it crashes?
The on board HD8550 is faulty, so I really need a new motherboard. If so, any ideas where I can just buy a replacement board?

I'm committed to getting this to work. I've been given a partial refund so I'very got roughly  £150 to throw at this.

I've been out of computers for a while and used to play Combat Arms FPS a lot. Keen to get back into it.

Any help would really be appreciated. There's very little online and everything seems generic.

Under device manager both graphics are 'working correctly' albeit a long message under events for both.

The fans spool up so they seem to be working. I'very opened it up and had a mooch around, checking everything is plugged in etc.

Re: Gigabyte Brix Gaming - constant crash issues relating to graphics
« Reply #1 on: July 28, 2016, 03:14:53 pm »
Hi Muthaducka,

Do you have an update on your progress?
i bought the same model last april and and about to return it, it's giving me the same problems as you described.

i tried:

- other memory ( from the QHL )
- Other SSD ( verified by the QHL )
- disable wifi
- disable LAN
- Disable all other options ( via BIOS )

if nothing comes up i'll log a ticket at the shop. just looking for other possible solutions