Official GIGABYTE Forum

No signal from DVI-D and HDMI - Gigabyte GTX 1070 G1 Gaming with Asus Sabertooth

CCFMS

I have an Asus Sabertooth 990FX R2.0 motherboard with AMD FX8350 processor and previously used an Asus Radeon 6670 graphics card. As the title says I couldn't get a signal out of the Gigabyte GTX 1070 G1 Gaming card on any of my monitors with both the DVI port and the HDMI port. I don't even get the BIOS on my monitor, the GTX 1070 does not even send a signal.

Things I tried but failed:
1) All of the PCIe x16 slots on my motherboard
2) Using my old Asus HD6670 card to get a display while my GTX 1070 is plugged in another slot, installed the drivers from the DVD, removed the Asus HD6670, placed the GTX 1070 back on the top slot and hoped it would post a signal on my monitor.
3) Yes, each time I also checked whether my cables are plugged in correctly.

I also posted this topic on Nvidia's forum: https://forums.geforce.com/default/topic/952691/geforce-1000-series/no-signal-from-dvi-d-and-hdmi-gigabyte-gtx-1070-g1-gaming-with-asus-sabertooth-990fx-r2-0/

CCFMS

Update:
I have just tested the graphics card on another setup, one with an i7 6700K processor and Asrock Z170 Extreme4 motherboard, it worked!!

Now with that tested I'm sure my graphics card does work after all, I'll be trying it on my Asus Sabertooth 990FX setup later today with that CMOS reset and see what happens.