Official GIGABYTE Forum

System Drivers Install

Larkina

System Drivers Install
« on: April 18, 2010, 07:02:22 pm »
What is the proper way to install the drivers for the GA-EP45-UD3P motherboard? I know the chipset driver is always first. Installing the drivers using the Xpress Install from the CD that comes with the mobo does seem to give you the best option. Would someone please help me with this? Thank you in advance.

absic

• Never give up; Never surrender!
    • Bandcamp
Re: System Drivers Install
« Reply #1 on: April 22, 2010, 05:23:01 pm »
Hi,

I'm not really sure if there is a proper way to install system drivers but I have found a method that works well for me.

I normally check to see if there are new Mobo drivers available before I build a rig so I have them at hand after I have installed the OS as the disk that comes with the Mobo can often be out of date. I also avoid using the Gigabyte Install Disk as I prefer to have full control over the items I am installing and, to be blunt, I don't really like much of the Gigabyte Software. If I do use the Gigabyte Disk I only install the essential drivers and I never let the software take control of the install.

Once I have the OS installed I.....
Install Mobo Drivers (reboot after each one Chipset, Ethernet, Etc.)
Install Graphics Drivers (if I have an add-on card) (reboot)
Install Sound Drivers (If I have added Sound Card) (reboot)
Install any other drivers needed. (Normally I check in Device Manager to see if anything else is required)
Download and install any updates that the system wants.
Once I have the basics running OK I then install Apps and other software as needed etc.

Hope this helps.
Remember, when all else fails a cup of tea and a good swear will often help! It won't solve the problem but it will make you feel better.

Larkina

« Reply #2 on: May 22, 2010, 06:12:13 am »
Thank you absic, I appreciate you taking the time to explain this confusing process. I've always installed the chipset, storage, video, network, audio and all periferals. Every mobo requires a certain order I quess. Again thank you very kindly.

Larkina

« Reply #3 on: May 22, 2010, 06:15:04 am »
I'm sorry for the mistake. Your name is absic115. I had said absic.

absic

• Never give up; Never surrender!
    • Bandcamp
« Reply #4 on: May 22, 2010, 07:34:02 am »
Hey,

no worries I have been called many things and some of those names are unprintable here on an open forum!  :D
Remember, when all else fails a cup of tea and a good swear will often help! It won't solve the problem but it will make you feel better.