Official GIGABYTE Forum

BIOS beep code

BIOS beep code
« on: August 07, 2016, 07:08:09 pm »
Dear all, I hope you guys can help me, I am building a new PC at the moment and I am trying to booting it up at the moment. However, I BIOS beep code error. The error is a short continuous beep (I have counted about 70-ish beeps), then the machine shuts down, reboot and repeat.

I have tried to removed all the HDDs, ODDs, GPUs (tried swapping the cards, or one card at a time or no cards at all, same beep code) and RAMs (tried to swaps the sticks but the problem continues (same beep code), tried to remove all the sticks which I will end up no beeps but will not boot) to see can I trigger other error beeps, but no luck at all.

My system spec is as follow:
Intel Core i7 6850K
Gigabyte X99-UD4P
Kingston HyperX DDR4 HX421C14FBK4/16
EVGA Gefore GTX 1070 (two cards)

Many thanks

Re: BIOS beep code
« Reply #1 on: October 26, 2016, 10:16:02 pm »
Dear all, I hope you guys can help me, I am building a new PC at the moment and I am trying to booting it up at the moment. However, I BIOS beep code error. The error is a short continuous beep (I have counted about 70-ish beeps), then the machine shuts down, reboot and repeat.

I have tried to removed all the HDDs, ODDs, GPUs (tried swapping the cards, or one card at a time or no cards at all, same beep code) and RAMs (tried to swaps the sticks but the problem continues (same beep code), tried to remove all the sticks which I will end up no beeps but will not boot) to see can I trigger other error beeps, but no luck at all.

Intel Core i7 6850K
Gigabyte X99-UD4P

Many thanks

I'v got the same problem. You should update to latest BIOS version in order to fix your problem.

The hard part is - you cannot update BIOS because it reboots before you can do something. You need to go to the service center. I dont have official GIGBYTE SC in my city and i have to fix it in ordinery SC. The next problem is - BIOS on this motherboard is built in and you have to u unsolder BIOS chip in order to flash(update) it. And after that solder it back. Obviously, after all this operations there is a marks on the moterboard, does it mean i have lost warranty? Why GIGABYTE selling expensive premium product with BIOS which not working with new hardware?

shadowsports

• Xbox One, Drives STI, Use QVL RAM For Best Results
    • Gigabyte US
« Reply #2 on: November 01, 2016, 12:41:50 am »
Greetings,

While the behavior you BOTH are experiencing is similar...  variations in hardware revision, BIOS, CPU and memory could make your troubleshooting steps and solutions completely different. 

Asteron,  unless you have a completely identical rig, I'd suggest starting your own thread.  It makes it easier for people to follow, provide assistance and helps others searching for similar solutions. 

h24821807,
Is the memory you have installed on the QVL for your board?  Is its clock speed supported by your CPU without overclock?  It may be helpful for you to provide your board rev and BIOS version.  You haven't told us what board/rev you have so we don't have a place to start.

In general, suggesting that someone unsolder their BIOS chip as a first course of action for update is not where I'd start.  This would be more of a last resort solution because of the risks involved (you pointed out).  Not to mention needing a chip re-programmer which the most of us might use once unless you are in the BIOS recover business.  Flashing the chip on the board manually is beyond what most here would also like to attempt. 
Z390 AORUS PRO (F10) \850w, 9900K, 32GB GSkill TriZ RGB - 16-18-18-38, RTX 3080Ti FTW3 Ultra, 960 Pro_m.2, W11
Z370-HD3P (F5) \750w, 8350K, 8GB LPX 3200 - 16-18-18-38, GTX 970 FTW SC, Intel SSD, 2TB RAID1, W11
Z97X-UD5H \850w, 4790K, 32GB Vengeance, RTX 2080 FTW

Genesis1

« Reply #3 on: December 13, 2016, 09:31:16 am »

Intel Core i7 6850K
Gigabyte X99-UD4P

Many thanks
Have you tried removing all ram and just adding 1 stick at a time. Sounds like could be memory problem. I had this problem once on a motherboard where it would beep and shut down and reboot. Its best to follow some basic test procedures first before ever attempting major soldering work. I would first add one stick of ram, GPU and HDD, then try Ram,GPU, no hdd. Then try a different PSU. Also make sure there are no usb devices attatched. Following a systematic fault finding procedure is always best before moving onto more complex work such as re-seating cpu and bios updating etc. Soldering and de-soldering work would be way way down on my list of last ditch attempts to cure the problem.