Official GIGABYTE Forum

X99M-Gaming 5 - Will Not Post

X99M-Gaming 5 - Will Not Post
« on: August 27, 2016, 01:56:48 pm »
I'm on my second board.  Both boards have done the exact same thing.  Here is what is currently on the board right now.

- Intel Core i7-5820K Haswell-E 6-Core 3.3GHz
- Noctua NH-D15 6 heatpipe with Dual NF-A15 140mm fans
- One stick of Corsair Vengeance LPX 32GB (4 x 8GB) DDR4 DRAM 2666MHz (PC4-21300)
- EVGA GeForce GTX 1070

Once powered on, all the fans kick on and a debug code of 60 shows on the debug led screen.  The board stays on for a few seconds and then restarts into the backup bios.  The backup bios stays on for a few seconds and then restarts to the primary bios.  This continues in an endless loop until I cut the power.

I've been through all four sticks of memory that I have.  Trying each one individually in the DDR4_2_B slot.  I've removed the video card and all the memory to just have the CPU present.  The same boot loop from primary to backup bios occurs, but I get the memory initialization code since no memory is present.

My initial thought is that the current version of the bios is not picking up my CPU.  Is there any way I can flash the bios on this X99M board without needing a display?

Genesis1

Re: X99M-Gaming 5 - Will Not Post
« Reply #1 on: December 12, 2016, 09:32:10 am »
Download the latest compatible bios for your motherboard and follow online instructions of how to add this to a usb flash drive.(make sure that is the only file on the flash drive)  Remove the ram, cpu and graphics card. Plug in your flash drive to the white usb connection at the back of the board (this is the flash bios). Nowturn on the system (you don't need a display) The usb and motherboard flash bios will blink on hte motherboard. Wait untill usb/motherboard stops blinking. Turn off system. Now re-install cpu, 1 stick of ram, and graphics card. Boot system. If all is ok, add the rest of your ram.
Sometimes the bios won't update with the cpu installed if there is a compatibility issue with the cpu. There shouldn't be, but this is worth a try as I know several people have cured this following this procedure.
Let me know how it goes.