Official GIGABYTE Forum

GA-Z170X-Gaming 7 Creative Pro Studio Sound Problem

GA-Z170X-Gaming 7 Creative Pro Studio Sound Problem
« on: September 27, 2016, 12:59:39 pm »
Hello. I have the latest version of Windows 10 Pro x64 installed.

To reproduce the problem that I have, is to simply restart the computer and the sound is gone. For how long? Until I go in the Creative Studio > Speakers/Headphones and change that top toggle from Speakers to Headphones (the sound is back), then to Speakers again. I have the latest version of Creative Studio from Gigabyte website - RC2 since 2016/01/07.

(this picture is from Google, but it look very similar)

Therefore, every single time I restart, I have no sound until I repeat that process. I have tried a number of ways, different settings in the Studio, but no effect. I can see the actual sound / volume (afer restart) in the Windows Volume Mixer / Playback Devices, but nothing comes through my speakers.

I only have one audio cable connected to the motherboard, in the bottom left port.

Does anyone experience the same issue? Any ideas how to fix this? Thank you.
« Last Edit: September 27, 2016, 01:02:48 pm by greentrancer »

elc00l

Re: GA-Z170X-Gaming 7 Creative Pro Studio Sound Problem
« Reply #1 on: October 01, 2016, 04:59:44 pm »
Hi,

Check where you have connected your front speakers jack, it should be connected to Line Out jack (between Microphone and S/PDIF Out Connector) not headphones. Headphone out jack is amplified and shouldn't be used for active speakers.  I had the very same issue and didn't notice (or didn't read manual ;)) that there is separate port for headphones unlike my previous sound card.

Re: GA-Z170X-Gaming 7 Creative Pro Studio Sound Problem
« Reply #2 on: October 01, 2016, 07:53:58 pm »
Hi. Thank you very much for your answer. Indeed that works now, and solved my problem, so thank you! However, as you said, there seems a decent difference in the audio quality when I swapped the cable from the Headphones port (amplified) to the Line Out one. I was a bit shocked for a moment.

Anyway, it does not sound too bad, so I guess that I will get used with it. It is less frustrating than doing that button toggle each time I turn on the computer to actually get some sound, haha.