Official GIGABYTE Forum

Missing screws for GA-X58A-UD7 heatsink - email id 912278

dune2

Missing screws for GA-X58A-UD7 heatsink - email id 912278
« on: April 26, 2010, 10:41:45 pm »
I purchased the GA-X58A-UD7 motherboard (which is a grea board!!), but unfortunately it did not come with the necessary screws to attached the Northbridge heatsink to the motherboard heatpipe. According to my mate who has the same board, there should have been a small pack of 4 screws.

Can you please send me a set of the necessary screws to the address quoted in the service request logged under email id 912278 on Friday 23rd of April?

Thanks!

dune2

Re: Missing screws for GA-X58A-UD7 heatsink - email id 912278
« Reply #1 on: April 28, 2010, 10:34:42 am »
When I posted here I actually expected "service", but it seems that's not Gigabytes' strongsuit. So far I have raised a ticket, posted here and PM'd Runn3r, all to no avail. As good as their products may be, Gigabyte's support is very disappointing.  :( I switched from Asus, whose support is a million miles better!

The UD7 is your top-end, premium product. If I cannot get any support, what chance does anybody else stand??  ???

Poor show, Gigabyte!  >:( >:(

runn3R

• Admin
    • GIGABYTE UK
« Reply #2 on: April 29, 2010, 01:44:01 pm »
Hi dune2

The screws are on the way to you already. Sorry for the problem experienced.

I have checked with our FAE, your first question has been replied within 3 biz days in our GGTS system. And today the second time.
I replied your PM yesterday evening.

BTW Why you haven't contacted the place of purchase if being in so hurry?
ZX-S & C64 are still my favourites ;-)

dune2

« Reply #3 on: May 04, 2010, 10:07:58 am »
The screws arrived on Saturday, thank you for that.

Regarding the original response time, my question via the GTS system was time stamped at 4/23/2010 07:19am. I checked for a response several times a day and there was no response until late on the 28th. This is simply not good enough for a premium product. Also the first reply was far from helpful, all it said was: "Hi, Who was your purchase dealer?" Nothing else. No apology, or promise to sort it out or anything else, just a question. From a customer perspective, this is very frustrating.

To answer your question as to why I went to you for service instead of the place of purchase: I picked up their last UD7 board so there was no chance to replace like for like. Also, I don't see how using an intermediary helps in speeding up a process that should have been handled swiftly by Gigabyte in the first place.

All said, the screws arrive within 8 days after my initial request, and that cannot be faulted. But the way Gigabyte reacts to and communicates around service requests for their products should be improved. A simple human response to let me know that you are working on it and will get back to me would be a good start.

runn3R

• Admin
    • GIGABYTE UK
« Reply #4 on: May 07, 2010, 12:29:39 pm »
Hi

Thanks for your input, we will try to improve what you mentioned.

Have a nice weekend!
ZX-S & C64 are still my favourites ;-)