Official GIGABYTE Forum

Cnnot enter bios setup on GA-MA-790FXT-UD5P

seraf

Cnnot enter bios setup on GA-MA-790FXT-UD5P
« on: February 14, 2017, 07:19:16 am »
Hi, i need help with entering bios setup. I have GA-MA-790FXT-UD5P + AMD Phenom x4 955BE. Windows system loads up ok but when i want to enter bios it shows only blinking dash on left corner. I triwd everithing, puulin battery out, reseting bios with connecting pins but still same. And yes on startup there is no motherboard splash screen only some blue lines. What is problem? Please help. Thanks!

AgentFXA

• none
Re: Cnnot enter bios setup on GA-MA-790FXT-UD5P
« Reply #1 on: February 15, 2017, 11:28:21 pm »
Looks like the bios got corrupted - can't restore? then time for a new mobo me thinks.
X570 Aorus Elite Wifi / Ryzen 2700x / Gigabyte Radeon RX 7900 XT Gaming OC 20G Graphics Card / 16 GB HyperX Predator 3200 / SeaSonic 850W / Tt View 71 TG / Win10x64

Re: Cnnot enter bios setup on GA-MA-790FXT-UD5P
« Reply #2 on: February 16, 2017, 08:47:14 am »
it is Dual BIOS board https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=TQSFEapF5Mg
http://download1.gigabyte.eu/Files/Manual/motherboard_manual-ga-ma790fxt-ud5p_e.pdf

page 30
You may clear the CMOS values by removing the battery:
1. Turn off your computer and unplug the power cord.
2. Gently remove the battery from the battery holder and wait for one minute.
(Or use a metal object like a screwdriver to touch the positive and
negative terminals of the battery holder, making them short for 5 seconds.)
3. Replace the battery.
4. Plug in the power cord and restart your computer.

Always turn off your computer and unplug the power cord before replacing the battery.
• Replace the battery with an equivalent one. Danger of explosion if the battery is replaced
with an incorrect model.
• Contact the place of purchase or local dealer if you are not able to replace the battery by
yourself or uncertain about the battery model.
• When installing the battery, note the orientation of the positive side (+) and the negative
side (-) of the battery (the positive side should face up).
• Used batteries must be handled in accordance with local environmental regulations

CLR_CMOS page 36
CLR_CMOS (Clearing CMOS Jumper)
Use this jumper to clear the CMOS values (e.g. date information and BIOS configurations) and
reset the CMOS values to factory defaults. To clear the CMOS values, place a jumper cap on the
two pins to temporarily short the two pins or use a metal object like a screwdriver to touch the two
pins for a few seconds.

Always turn off your computer and unplug the power cord from the power outlet before
clearing the CMOS values.
• After clearing the CMOS values and before turning on your computer, be sure to remove
the jumper cap from the jumper. Failure to do so may cause damage to the motherboard.
• After system restart, go to BIOS Setup to load factory defaults (select Load Optimized
Defaults) or manually configure the BIOS settings (refer to Chapter 2, "BIOS Setup," for
BIOS configurations).

How to Clear the CMOS - Reset the BIOS & Why
https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=-9RnIj-EcdQ