Official GIGABYTE Forum

GA-78LMT-S2 780g

GA-78LMT-S2 780g
« on: March 13, 2017, 04:12:29 pm »
Hey everyone! I just got a new computer the other day and was checking all my updates. On the papers that came with my computer it tells me that my motherboard is a Gigabyte GA-78LMT-S2 760g rev. 1201- except on my actual computer it all comes up with 780g- which I cannot find any information on, I can't even bring it up on the gigabyte website, it just doesn't exist with that chipset. Has anyone else had this issue?

absic

• Never give up; Never surrender!
    • Bandcamp
Re: GA-78LMT-S2 780g
« Reply #1 on: March 13, 2017, 04:53:56 pm »
Hi there,

A lot of 760 chipset motherboards were fitted with the 780 instead, as there were not enough of the chips at time of production. Gigabyte, along with other manufacturers used the higher spec'd 780 on their 760 boards which is most likely what has occurred with your motherboard.

This should be your motherboard: http://www.gigabyte.com/Motherboard/GA-78LMT-S2-rev-12#ov but, double check the revision number (printed on the motherboard in the lower left corner) to check that it is the correct one that I have linked to. (Rev 1.2)
Remember, when all else fails a cup of tea and a good swear will often help! It won't solve the problem but it will make you feel better.

« Reply #2 on: March 13, 2017, 06:06:10 pm »
Hi there,

A lot of 760 chipset motherboards were fitted with the 780 instead, as there were not enough of the chips at time of production. Gigabyte, along with other manufacturers used the higher spec'd 780 on their 760 boards which is most likely what has occurred with your motherboard.

This should be your motherboard: http://www.gigabyte.com/Motherboard/GA-78LMT-S2-rev-12#ov but, double check the revision number (printed on the motherboard in the lower left corner) to check that it is the correct one that I have linked to. (Rev 1.2)

Thank you. I just wanted to see if there was a BIOS update and I didn't want to download the wrong one.

When I download Speccy this is what it says:

Motherboard

Manufacturer Gigabyte Technology Co. Ltd.

Model: GA-78LMT-S2 (Socket M2)

Version: sex

Chipset Vendor: AMD

Chipset Model: 780G

Chipset Revision: 00

Southbridge Vendor: AMD

Southbridge Model: SB700

Southbridge Revision: 00

BIOS

Brand: Award Software International Inc.

Version: F6

Date: 1/9/2014
« Last Edit: March 13, 2017, 06:07:04 pm by fleshflowers »

absic

• Never give up; Never surrender!
    • Bandcamp
« Reply #3 on: March 13, 2017, 07:08:33 pm »
Sadly, speccy doesn't give the necessary information.

As I mentioned in my previous post, you need to look at the motherboard itself to get correct info.

If you look at the motherboard it will have the model name printed on it, usually just below one of the pci(e) slots.  Then, in the bottom left hand corner it will have the revision number: Rev 1.2 for example. This revision number, along with the correct motherboard name, determines which BIOS file is required as motherboards with the same name may need a different BIOS for different revision versions.
Remember, when all else fails a cup of tea and a good swear will often help! It won't solve the problem but it will make you feel better.

« Reply #4 on: March 13, 2017, 07:57:06 pm »
my apologies! it does say 1.2 on the bottom left =)