Hi Community, just registered so, Hi :)

I have a problem with my freshly built computer:
Gigabyte AB350 Gaming 3
AMD Ryzen 7 1700
2x 8GB Corsair Vengeance @2400
Sapphire Radeon 7870
Be Quiet Pure Power 10 PSU and Pure Rock Tower CPU Cooler

From the first boot try till now, i wasnt able to access the BIOS
I am connected via DVI with my GPU. FANS are working fine.

The red CPU LED is shining red all the time. I tried to replace everything from scratch,
changed the RAM Slots with each DIMM and took out the CMOS Battery as well. Nothing helped.
I checked the cabeling twice.

I read in other posts that peope re facing with similar problems, but at least, they could enter their System..

Any suggestions? If ill replace one component, what should it be? I dont know if my Seller will do it 3 times (worst case scenario), so yeah. Any help would be very nice!

Have a nice day

rinkol

Re: No Boot, No Display Signal with AB350 Gaming 3 + Ryzen 7
« Reply #1 on: March 28, 2017, 09:05:23 pm »

Gigabyte AB350 Gaming 3
AMD Ryzen 7 1700
Sapphire Radeon 7870

The red CPU LED is shining red all the time. I tried to replace everything from scratch,
changed the RAM Slots with each DIMM and took out the CMOS Battery as well. Nothing helped.

I read in other posts that peope re facing with similar problems, but at least, they could enter their System..

Any suggestions? If ill replace one component, what should it be? I dont know if my Seller will do it 3 times (worst case scenario), so yeah. Any help would be very nice!

Have a nice day

Some people have had troubles with memory compatibility. You could try 1 stick at a time.

Make sure there are no extra stand-offs shorting the motherboard.

Try disconnecting front panel usb connectors and any peripherals that are not essential to booting (I once had a frustrating problem with a shorted front panel USB cable).

Double check power connections, including to the video card. Find a volt meter and check that you are getting 12 volts +/- 5% or so at the PCIe power connector.

If you have another video card, try that one.

Hope this helps.

Robert
« Last Edit: April 04, 2017, 04:31:07 pm by absic »

Alexis

« Reply #2 on: April 04, 2017, 11:10:24 am »
Same problem for me. The motherboard has managed to boot twice before having the same sympthome as you.

AB350 GAMING with Ryzen 1700x

« Reply #3 on: April 09, 2017, 04:23:51 pm »
My son just purchased the same board and a Ryzen 1700 CPU.  We are having the same problem.  I have tried 2 different ram sticks in all the slots separately with no avail.  The CPU light is red and no post or boot.  Could it be a power supply issue?  My sons power supply is a older Corsair 750M, I am wondering if the CPU is not recieving the correct voltage from this older power supply?
Can someone help us, we are stuck on this one?

Thanks

Alexis

« Reply #4 on: April 11, 2017, 03:32:57 pm »
My son just purchased the same board and a Ryzen 1700 CPU.  We are having the same problem.  I have tried 2 different ram sticks in all the slots separately with no avail.  The CPU light is red and no post or boot.  Could it be a power supply issue?  My sons power supply is a older Corsair 750M, I am wondering if the CPU is not recieving the correct voltage from this older power supply?
Can someone help us, we are stuck on this one?

Thanks

For me it's the motherbord. The Power Supply is Good.

absic

• Never give up; Never surrender!
    • Bandcamp
« Reply #5 on: April 11, 2017, 04:24:44 pm »
Have you tried the latest F6 BIOS available here: http://www.gigabyte.us/Motherboard/GA-AB350-Gaming-3-rev-10#support-dl ?
Remember, when all else fails a cup of tea and a good swear will often help! It won't solve the problem but it will make you feel better.

Alexis

« Reply #6 on: April 12, 2017, 01:58:34 pm »
Have you tried the latest F6 BIOS available here: http://www.gigabyte.us/Motherboard/GA-AB350-Gaming-3-rev-10#support-dl ?

We can't acces to the BIOS to flash and no white USB port on this motherboard

Thanks !

DHYCIX

« Reply #7 on: April 14, 2017, 11:45:35 am »
Same problem here. Checked all cables and other connected hardware. Tried with RAM in different slots. Checked CPU connection, tried everything again without any hardware than CPU. Nothinh works. CPU or mobo broken...

« Reply #8 on: April 14, 2017, 04:00:51 pm »
Got same problem to everything was fine then i tried the xmp profile. Computer won't launch now and have a red status light on the cpu

shadowsports

• Xbox One, Drives STI, Use QVL RAM For Best Results
    • Gigabyte US
« Reply #9 on: April 15, 2017, 04:36:19 pm »
Hey Guys,
While this might be indicative of a problem, you can also try to CLR_CMOS.  Do this with the power connector to the MB disconnected.  Battery can remain in.  A small flat blade screwdriver works well.  The jumper is at the bottom right-hand corner of the board. 5-6 secs should be enough.  You can pull the MB battery for 2-3 minutes after if you like.

It is also important to note that your monitor and connection can affect BIOS display.  HDMI can be finicky.  I would suggest using onboard DVI connection without adapters for troubleshooting as you will likely be removing your GPU for testing anyway. 

This will not correct hardware compatibility issues with RAM or trying to use a CPU that is not supported by your BIOS rev.  It should help if you have tried a BIOS setting that is not correct for your hardware configuration. 

You can also try invoking the back up BIOS which is covered in the forums elsewhere.

CPU Support - http://www.gigabyte.us/Motherboard/GA-AB350-Gaming-3-rev-10#support-cpu

Memory QVL ***Ryzen*** - http://download.gigabyte.us/FileList/Memory/mb_memory_ga-ab350-gaming3.pdf   
Z390 AORUS PRO (F10) \850w, 9900K, 32GB GSkill TriZ RGB - 16-18-18-38, RTX 3080Ti FTW3 Ultra, 960 Pro_m.2, W11
Z370-HD3P (F5) \750w, 8350K, 8GB LPX 3200 - 16-18-18-38, GTX 970 FTW SC, Intel SSD, 2TB RAID1, W11
Z97X-UD5H \850w, 4790K, 32GB Vengeance, RTX 2080 FTW

cydoo

« Reply #10 on: May 02, 2017, 06:58:38 pm »

Gigabyte AB350 Gaming 3
AMD Ryzen 7 1700
Sapphire Radeon 7870

Have a nice day

Hi, same issue today with this motherboard and Amd ryzen 5 1600, i fix it with this :

unplug the power supply cord
put the bios battery outside since 5 - 10 min
replace the bios battery
boot with a screw driver on power On pins on motherboard

Works fine for me :) I think the motherboard enter in a security status like many motherboard, the fix is the same for all motherboard.

mxmsj

« Reply #11 on: May 05, 2017, 07:59:31 pm »
AMD Ryzen R7 1700
Gigabyte AB350-Gaming

No video card--I was using the video ports on the motherboard.

BUT those ports don't work with the R7 1700.

This information was from a Gigabyte support tech.

This page lists the CPUs that do not work with the motherboard's video:

http://www.gigabyte.us/Motherboard/GA-AB350-Gaming-rev-10#support-cpu

Won't know whether this cures my problems until a video card arrives in a few days.

Lovvi

« Reply #12 on: May 06, 2017, 11:39:13 am »
Hey Guys,
While this might be indicative of a problem, you can also try to CLR_CMOS.  Do this with the power connector to the MB disconnected.  Battery can remain in.  A small flat blade screwdriver works well.  The jumper is at the bottom right-hand corner of the board. 5-6 secs should be enough.  You can pull the MB battery for 2-3 minutes after if you like.
Wanted to say that this worked for me. What I did:
1. Remove the CPU and MB power connectors
2. Removed the GPU
3. The power cable is still connected to PSU, though it doesn't matter now since it's not connected to MB.
4. I jump the CLEAR_CMOS pins with a screwdriver, for about 5 seconds.

I didn't remove the battery because that didn't help with the jumper.

Now it goes past the CPU LED and onto VGA, telling me that it's working.

dmdilks

• "If it isn't broke don't fix it"
    • http://dmdcomputerservice.webs.com/
« Reply #13 on: May 07, 2017, 02:34:23 am »
I had the same problem the first time I tried to boot the board. I was using 2400 memory drop in some 2133 and the thing has run great ever since. Tried to put the 2400 memory back in and got the same thing it wouldn't boot.

One other thing we have found out is if you try using memory that support X99 & 100 series boards you might have a problem. If you use just memory that supports X99 board you should be fine.

I have this board and a MSI board. The MSI board is having the same problems. If the memory isn't on they support list it might not boot. Plus I'm running F5 bios that came with the board.
« Last Edit: May 07, 2017, 02:35:52 am by dmdilks »
X299X Aorus Master, i9-9940x-3.30Ghz, 64gb G-Skill DDR4-2400, MSI RTX-3070 8GB, Cooler Master case, Thermal-take PSU 850w, 1-M2-NMVe SSD-512gb, 3-Pny 1TB SSD, 2-WD Raptors 1TB, Win 10 pro 64bit, Asus 35" 144Mhz Monitor.

« Reply #14 on: November 14, 2017, 09:14:31 pm »
I had the same issue. This may only be relevant to Ryzen CPU users. I solved it by unplugging the PSU, removing the CMOS battery, using a flathead screwdriver to clear the CMOS using the jumper pins, waiting 5 minutes, plugging the PSU and battery back in, putting my graphics card back in, connecting my monitor to the graphics card. After powering it all up I got my bios after a few agonising seconds.

This reddit forum suggests that this could be a Ryzen first gen issue.

https://www.reddit.com/r/GAAB350/comments/6hqgdi/ab350_gaming_3_and_ryzen_5_1600_powering_on_but/?utm_source=amp&utm_medium=comment_list