Official GIGABYTE Forum

Artifacting Issues at Boot - Ryzen Build - Gigabyte Aorus X370 Gaming K7 - EK P3

Hi all,

I'm having a pretty serious issue after installing an EK P360 kit onto my Ryzen build. I am using the EK Supremacy Evo water cooling kit. I have a brand new Gigabyte x370 Aorus Gaming K7 board with a Ryzen 1700X with 16GB of G. Skill Trident X RGB memory. All powered by an EVGA 850W G2. I only have a video card, the kit, a Samsung Evo M.2 drive, 3 case fans, and the motherboard installed. The PSU should be enough for everything.

I'm getting artifacting when I initially boot my PC and when Windows loads, the display goes haywire. What I'm getting is two wide white flickering bars when the PC initially boots. When Windows loads, I either get the same white bars with a Windows error or just a bunch of random flickering squares on the screen.

I've tried the video card in a different PC, no issues there. I tried installing the GPU in a different slot, but the issue persisted.  I tried a different PSU and the same issue occurred. I tried reseating the water block (Supremacy Evo) and untightening the screws but still get the issue. I did tighten the screws down all the way, per instructions, when I initially installed everything. I've reseated the PSU as well. Also tried resetting the CMOS by taking the battery out for more than 5 minutes.

The only thing I haven't tried is flashing the BIOS. I'm going to try that at lunch today.

However, the system worked fine before installing the kit. I know this because I tested the board and everything else with a Cooler Master Evo heat sink and was able to boot without issues.

There are no leaks in the system after 24 hours of testing.

I've read that there were issues with the Asus ROG Crosshair VI and the EK gasket causing issues. Is it possible that this is the cause on this board as well? I've removed the center piece from the gasket, per instructions.

Any thoughts on what I may be overlooking?

I just updated the BIOS to the latest version and I still have the artifacting issue.  Not sure what I'm missing or what could be wrong.

Here's a screenshot of the issue.

And another.