Official GIGABYTE Forum

GA-AX370 Gaming 5 Bios Issue

GA-AX370 Gaming 5 Bios Issue
« on: April 13, 2017, 10:18:00 pm »
Hi,

I have an issue after updating the BIOS and getting some new memory, I got myself some Vengeance LPX 3000MHz memory (2x8GB sticks).

I am currently on the latest F5 BIOS, I set the memory to profile 1 and reboot and nothing, the system doesn't post and I get error 0d displayed which I cant find anything for.

I figure something weird has gone on so I switch over to the other BIOS, it's at F3 and the memory doesnt run at profile 1, just stock.

So I update that bios to the latest and try profile1 again, as I should have expected, same result, no post and error 0d.

So, I have tried booting with no memory, tried resetting the BIOS, leaving the battery out all night, etc but it just boots, sounds fine, no lights or anything, gets to code 0d and thats it.

Is there a way to force flash an older BIOS? Or is this done for and heading back to Gigabyte?

(Also, I know I should have left the other BIOS, but I wanted the new memory to work as it is listed as supported on both Gigabyte's site and Corsair's)

shadowsports

• Xbox One, Drives STI, Use QVL RAM For Best Results
    • Gigabyte US
Re: GA-AX370 Gaming 5 Bios Issue
« Reply #1 on: April 15, 2017, 04:30:47 pm »
Hi,

I have an issue after updating the BIOS and getting some new memory, I got myself some Vengeance LPX 3000MHz memory (2x8GB sticks).

I am currently on the latest F5 BIOS, I set the memory to profile 1 and reboot and nothing, the system doesn't post and I get error 0d displayed which I cant find anything for.

I figure something weird has gone on so I switch over to the other BIOS, it's at F3 and the memory doesnt run at profile 1, just stock.

So I update that bios to the latest and try profile1 again, as I should have expected, same result, no post and error 0d.

So, I have tried booting with no memory, tried resetting the BIOS, leaving the battery out all night, etc but it just boots, sounds fine, no lights or anything, gets to code 0d and thats it.

Is there a way to force flash an older BIOS? Or is this done for and heading back to Gigabyte?

(Also, I know I should have left the other BIOS, but I wanted the new memory to work as it is listed as supported on both Gigabyte's site and Corsair's)

What model CPU are you using?

What is the model # of the memory kit you are using?

What display are you using and how is it connected?

Have you tried the CLR_CMOS jumper (lower right-hand) corner of the board/  Power disconnected, MB battery can remain in.
Z390 AORUS PRO (F10) \850w, 9900K, 32GB GSkill TriZ RGB - 16-18-18-38, RTX 3080Ti FTW3 Ultra, 960 Pro_m.2, W11
Z370-HD3P (F5) \750w, 8350K, 8GB LPX 3200 - 16-18-18-38, GTX 970 FTW SC, Intel SSD, 2TB RAID1, W11
Z97X-UD5H \850w, 4790K, 32GB Vengeance, RTX 2080 FTW

« Reply #2 on: April 17, 2017, 01:16:52 pm »
Hi,

Have you tried the CLR_CMOS jumper (lower right-hand) corner of the board/  Power disconnected, MB battery can remain in.

Hi,

I am using the 1700, the memory is the Corsair Vengeance CMK16GX4M2B3000C15 kit, display is an LG Ultra Wide using DisplayPort. It's not a display issue, 100% bios issue.

I have tried resetting the bios using the jumper and the button, I even pulled out the batter over night for good measure, no luck.

I would put a warning out to anyone who is on the latest F5 BIOS and selects profile 1 with the above memory, don't do it.

fxv300

• fxv300
« Reply #3 on: April 17, 2017, 05:08:36 pm »
Hi,

Hi,

I am using the 1700, the memory is the Corsair Vengeance CMK16GX4M2B3000C15 kit, display is an LG Ultra Wide using DisplayPort. It's not a display issue, 100% bios issue.

I have tried resetting the bios using the jumper and the button, I even pulled out the batter over night for good measure, no luck.

I would put a warning out to anyone who is on the latest F5 BIOS and selects profile 1 with the above memory, don't do it.

http://aorusgaming5.blogspot.co.uk/    (siv picture on the blog mem at 2933)
I am running memory at 2933 on F5 Bios.
Yes you can downgrade the BIOS if you want via BOOT menu.
Auros Gaming 5
RyZen 1700x
32G DDR4 3200 CMK16GX4M2B3200C16
Silent Loop 280mm Liquid Cooler
Corsair 330R case
850watt PSU

« Reply #4 on: April 18, 2017, 03:22:20 am »
Having a similar problem.

was running an R5 1600, with team TLGD416G3000HC16CDC01 16gb (2x8GB) ddr4-3000 @ 2133. installed windows 10 and updated both bios to F5. tried to oc cpu to 3.5ghz, and enable ram XMP to 2933 and now both bios will not post with an error code of "DF". DF is reserved according to the manual.

cmos cleared via button and jumper to no avail.

fxv300

• fxv300
« Reply #5 on: April 18, 2017, 12:46:08 pm »
Hi,

was running an R5 1600, with team TLGD416G3000HC16CDC01 16gb (2x8GB) ddr4-3000 @ 2133. installed windows 10 and updated both bios to F5. tried to oc cpu to 3.5ghz, and enable ram XMP to 2933 and now both bios will not post with an error code of "DF". DF is reserved according to the manual.

Did you have the power totally off when you cleared CMOS ?
I have been running Bios F5, with 4 sticks of Corsair Vengeance LPX 16GB (2x8GB) 3200MHz DDR4 Memory-Black
CMK16GX4M2B3200C16 and managed to get 2933 out of them, stable.
http://aorusgaming5.blogspot.co.uk/
Auros Gaming 5
RyZen 1700x
Corsair 330R case
850watt PSU

« Reply #6 on: April 18, 2017, 09:27:58 pm »
Hi,

I have been running Bios F5, with 4 sticks of Corsair Vengeance LPX 16GB (2x8GB) 3200MHz DDR4 Memory-Black

Yeah, I did, tried many different ways. I was hoping there may be a way to force a bios update but it doesn't seem to be the case.

The board is heading back to Gigabyte today, will see what they can do.

fxv300

• fxv300
« Reply #7 on: April 18, 2017, 10:07:49 pm »
Hi,

Yeah, I did, tried many different ways. I was hoping there may be a way to force a bios update but it doesn't seem to be the case.

Do you get a new board from the place you got it from ? or do you have to wait for a repair from Gigabyte ?
Auros Gaming 5
RyZen 1700x
Corsair 330R case
850watt PSU

« Reply #8 on: April 18, 2017, 10:10:18 pm »
Hi,

Do you get a new board from the place you got it from ? or do you have to wait for a repair from Gigabyte ?

I decided to pick up a crosshair 6 locally so my system is running again, memory only works at 2400 though :(

Not sure how long Gigabyte will need with the board.

« Reply #9 on: April 19, 2017, 12:39:42 am »
Hi,

yeah, removed cmos battery and power off to reset, still nothing.

pstlouis

« Reply #10 on: April 20, 2017, 04:43:32 am »
Hi,

yeah, removed cmos battery and power off to reset, still nothing.

Dear Pierre St-Louis,

POST the system on the good BIOS and hit "Del" to enter the CMOS setup. get into the Q-Flash utility (F8) and save the current BIOS to flash drive or if you already have the F5 BIOS on a USB flash drive, you can skip this part. Now with the system still on and in the Q-Flash utility, switch the BIOS switch to the other BIOS. You should see the BIOS LED switch to the other BIOS. Now update the BIOS as normal and this should flash the corrupted BIOS. Thank you.

Best regards,

GIGABYTE Tech Support Team

shadowsports

• Xbox One, Drives STI, Use QVL RAM For Best Results
    • Gigabyte US
« Reply #11 on: April 20, 2017, 03:22:15 pm »
Lesson here is don't upgrade your back up BIOS.  Keeping the shipping BIOS on one chip is usually a good idea.

Hope the board can be fixed and returned to you.
« Last Edit: April 20, 2017, 03:39:03 pm by shadowsports »
Z390 AORUS PRO (F10) \850w, 9900K, 32GB GSkill TriZ RGB - 16-18-18-38, RTX 3080Ti FTW3 Ultra, 960 Pro_m.2, W11
Z370-HD3P (F5) \750w, 8350K, 8GB LPX 3200 - 16-18-18-38, GTX 970 FTW SC, Intel SSD, 2TB RAID1, W11
Z97X-UD5H \850w, 4790K, 32GB Vengeance, RTX 2080 FTW

« Reply #12 on: April 20, 2017, 06:53:19 pm »
I was in the same boat today, accidentally updated the backup BIOS and turned on XMP and got stuck with 0d too.
I managed to fix it by clearing CMOS then removing all the ram and putting 1 stick in one of the other two slots.
This triggerd the BIOS to reset the RAM settings and it booted again.

fxv300

• fxv300
« Reply #13 on: April 21, 2017, 09:11:10 am »
I was in the same boat today, accidentally updated the backup BIOS and turned on XMP and got stuck with 0d too.
I managed to fix it by clearing CMOS then removing all the ram and putting 1 stick in one of the other two slots.
This triggerd the BIOS to reset the RAM settings and it booted again.

I asked GB re copying BIOS from Master to Backup.
reply https://sites.google.com/site/ryzen7rig/bios
Auros Gaming 5
RyZen 1700x
Corsair 330R case
850watt PSU