Official GIGABYTE Forum

GA-Z270X Gaming 7, is this reboot normal?

Re: GA-Z270X Gaming 7, is this reboot normal?
« Reply #90 on: July 15, 2017, 12:26:01 am »
Thats good to hear that it solves the issues for you. Lets hope they have fixed it in the latest revision! I am gonna contact them now requesting it, but I remember last time they gave me earlier access to the F6 revision, it was released to public in the next day or so.

sono

« Reply #91 on: July 15, 2017, 07:28:34 am »
So I've been in touch with the support at Gigabyte and they sent me a new BIOS version (F7) which solved all my issues. Hopefully it will be out soon!

That is good news. Did they send you the F7a bios that is available here (and shown as beta)
http://uk.gigabyte.com/Motherboard/GA-Z270X-Gaming-7-rev-10#support-dl

You mention it fixes all  your problems, are these the problems being reported in this thread ?
Please can confirm the following questions for us all:
1. what is the full version of your bios is it f7a or something else ?
2. what speed memory do you have
3. do you have xmp profile enabled in the bios
4. if you make a bios setting change and restart does the machine power off and then restart after a couple of seconds?

Thank you
« Last Edit: July 15, 2017, 07:30:45 am by sono »

« Reply #92 on: July 15, 2017, 08:27:30 am »
So I've been in touch with the support at Gigabyte and they sent me a new BIOS version (F7) which solved all my issues. Hopefully it will be out soon!

That is good news. Did they send you the F7a bios that is available here (and shown as beta)

You mention it fixes all  your problems, are these the problems being reported in this thread ?
4. if you make a bios setting change and restart does the machine power off and then restart after a couple of seconds?

Thank you

Sure, I can do that!

1. The name of the BIOS is F7, with a date of "07/06/2017". So this is indeed a new BIOS and not the F7a BIOS (which I updated from).
2. My memory speed is 3600mhz. I have Trident Z RGB 16gb of RAM.
3. Yes!
4. I turned on CPU overclock (i7-7700k OC'd @ 4,8Ghz), "Windows 8/10" setting is turned on to "Windows 8/10". I also have XMP profile turned on and I changed RGB fusion colors as well. These are all the settings I have made after upgrading BIOS to F7. Now, when I reboot, the power is indeed still turned on (fans running, etc.), so the computer now doesn't turn itself off for a few seconds before booting again.

Hope that helps!
« Last Edit: July 15, 2017, 08:28:07 am by RealityBoost »

sono

« Reply #93 on: July 15, 2017, 01:45:32 pm »

Thank you

Sure, I can do that!

1. The name of the BIOS is F7, with a date of "07/06/2017". So this is indeed a new BIOS and not the F7a BIOS (which I updated from).
3. Yes!
4. I turned on CPU overclock (i7-7700k OC'd @ 4,8Ghz), "Windows 8/10" setting is turned on to "Windows 8/10". I also have XMP profile turned on and I changed RGB fusion colors as well. These are all the settings I have made after upgrading BIOS to F7. Now, when I reboot, the power is indeed still turned on (fans running, etc.), so the computer now doesn't turn itself off for a few seconds before booting again.

Hope that helps!

Thank you very much RealityBoost - so indeed that is all really great news. I think a few of us were considering our next actions here..

by the way -Is it only me that thinks that F7a should come after F7 in release order ?!!

sono

« Reply #94 on: July 15, 2017, 02:04:50 pm »
Gave this some additional thought last night.  See my post from the 26th.  Next things to look at. 

Fast boot / Ultra Fast Boot.  Are you using these settings in BIOS or in conjunction with the App Center Utility in the OS?

I believe these settings are disabled when Defaults are loaded which could change the behavior of cold boot.

My recommendation is you don't need either of these if you are running a m.2 or SSD.   

I appreciate you believe your intention is trying to help, but going back over this thread, your posts are in the guise of someone who is authoritative, but your posts might be seen by some as deflective or providing incorrect advise. Do you work for Gigabyte ?
It would be more helpful if you could put pressure on this company to rectify a serious defect that is causing people to return their motherboards on the grounds they dont meet the advertised functional standards. Such advertised functional standards induced people to spend money on these boards and build systems around them. This takes time and money.

It is good however that progress on the now accepted issue is apparently being made, albeit that is only evidenced by one person who has a bios that no one else has access to..

« Last Edit: July 15, 2017, 02:27:03 pm by sono »

« Reply #95 on: July 15, 2017, 02:25:26 pm »

Thank you

Sure, I can do that!

3. Yes!

Hope that helps!

Thank you very much RealityBoost - so indeed that is all really great news. I think a few of us were considering our next actions here..

by the way -Is it only me that thinks that F7a should come after F7 in release order ?!!
They have always used that order of versions. The beta for each version whether it's F1 2 3 4 5 6 always has had a letter (in order of which beta) placed after the full version number then when the stable full version is released it just becomes F7 etc.

Eagerly awaiting for gigabyte to update the support downloads. I've been checking it every few hours in anticipation for version F7 but nothing yet.
« Last Edit: July 15, 2017, 02:26:36 pm by kamikazee »

shadowsports

• Xbox One, Drives STI, Use QVL RAM For Best Results
    • Gigabyte US
« Reply #96 on: July 15, 2017, 09:34:23 pm »
Gave this some additional thought last night.  See my post from the 26th.  Next things to look at. 

Fast boot / Ultra Fast Boot.  Are you using these settings in BIOS or in conjunction with the App Center Utility in the OS?

I believe these settings are disabled when Defaults are loaded which could change the behavior of cold boot.

My recommendation is you don't need either of these if you are running a m.2 or SSD.   

I appreciate you believe your intention is trying to help, but going back over this thread, your posts are in the guise of someone who is authoritative, but your posts might be seen by some as deflective or providing incorrect advise. Do you work for Gigabyte ?
It would be more helpful if you could put pressure on this company to rectify a serious defect that is causing people to return their motherboards on the grounds they dont meet the advertised functional standards. Such advertised functional standards induced people to spend money on these boards and build systems around them. This takes time and money.

It is good however that progress on the now accepted issue is apparently being made, albeit that is only evidenced by one person who has a bios that no one else has access to..

Laughable that you are holding me to any level of accountability for this issue by asking questions/making suggestions in the 5th post of a 7 page thread with 95 responses.  At that point, there was only very limited information from one user (Phroster) with one other person (oo0filthy0oo) who chimed in with a similar but unconfirmed behavior.  Like me, he suggested BIOS settings.  I don't work for Gigabyte.  Just a user, who enjoys the brand. My time and advise is voluntary and provided freely.   I am not in a position to put ANY pressure on Gigabyte.  I don't stand to gain anything.  I wasn't deflecting.  With only one confirmed report and limited information, my advise was based on behavior I'd seen previously as possible reasons why a system might behave in this manner.  Configuration, hardware selection and BIOS settings which at the time were being reported by only one person.  Over time, we learned the problem was widespread and affected multiple platforms.  We're all here to help one another.  I don't have all the answers.  Like everyone else here, I'm glad the problem is now seemingly going to be addressed.             
« Last Edit: July 15, 2017, 09:35:57 pm by shadowsports »
Z390 AORUS PRO (F10) \850w, 9900K, 32GB GSkill TriZ RGB - 16-18-18-38, RTX 3080Ti FTW3 Ultra, 960 Pro_m.2, W11
Z370-HD3P (F5) \750w, 8350K, 8GB LPX 3200 - 16-18-18-38, GTX 970 FTW SC, Intel SSD, 2TB RAID1, W11
Z97X-UD5H \850w, 4790K, 32GB Vengeance, RTX 2080 FTW

« Reply #97 on: July 19, 2017, 02:17:15 pm »
I can also confirm F7 fixes the issue.

Finally.

I contacted support through my pre-existing ticket back from when the thread started and they happily provided me the F7 revision for my Z270X Gaming 7 board. With XMP enabled restarting works normally. The board no longer loses power and shuts down during the reboot process.

Glad this issue has finally been addressed. Took a while but appreciate Gigabyte's effort.

Hope they hurry up and release it to the public now.

I updated through QFlash also, much less risky and didn't hang at the end of the flash procedure which happened to me consistently using @bios with every revision update after F4.
« Last Edit: July 19, 2017, 02:22:49 pm by kamikazee »

Rapkix

« Reply #98 on: July 19, 2017, 07:24:23 pm »
Luckily persons who get bios F7 for your motherboard and it works. In my example Gigabyte tolds me, it's not related to BIOS (but it's really exactly same thing and problem). I really don't know, what i can say more. Really, really disappointed.

« Reply #99 on: July 20, 2017, 07:20:09 pm »
Luckily persons who get bios F7 for your motherboard and it works. In my example Gigabyte tolds me, it's not related to BIOS (but it's really exactly same thing and problem). I really don't know, what i can say more. Really, really disappointed.

Hi, you haven't been able to get your hands on the BIOS F7? I don't know if it's against the rules (for Gigabyte in general and on this forum) to post a link to the BIOS. Does anybody know anything about this?

« Reply #100 on: July 22, 2017, 05:02:31 pm »
hello guys i have this mother baord and have been checking the bios page and this forum evry day for the last 3 months...
GA-Z270X-Gaming K5 (rev. 1.0) thats my board  currently beta bios f7a i have same issue reboot and the not fast start up

the user who says they have the f7 non beta bios can u email me the f7 bios for the gaming k5 or is ti mother baord os persistant ? i emailed gigabyte today wonder how long  if i veen get them to send me the f7 noj beta bios  thanks guys  finger s crossed

chaplinux

• GA-Z270X-Gaming 7 (rev. 1.0) F9c
« Reply #101 on: July 24, 2017, 04:06:20 am »

Did Gigabyte Support send F7 Firmware to you via email?

Because the last update we have on the site is 2017/05/03 ?

« Reply #102 on: July 24, 2017, 05:24:26 pm »
F7 BIOS is up on the UK gigabyte site now for the gaming K7. The only problem is the link is broken lol.
« Last Edit: July 24, 2017, 05:33:11 pm by thelawnmoerman »

« Reply #103 on: July 24, 2017, 09:28:32 pm »
it works now  :)

chaplinux

• GA-Z270X-Gaming 7 (rev. 1.0) F9c
« Reply #104 on: July 24, 2017, 09:33:30 pm »
it works now  :)

What is the website link?