Official GIGABYTE Forum

GA-990FXA Slow To Boot

GA-990FXA Slow To Boot
« on: May 08, 2017, 02:40:46 pm »
I've always had this problem and would always step away when I turned on my computer.  It takes almost 5 minutes to boot to Windows 7.  It takes 30 seconds before it begins to POST. 

I just did a fresh Windows re-load from scratch on a SATA2 spindle hard drive.  No slowness at all.  Everything looked really good.  I made a backup image, removed the spindle drive and installed a solid state drive (SSD).  The restored image works fine, but now the computer is back to slow booting.  I did a Google search and see this has been a problem for others.  But, what I was reading was quite old.  Is there any up to date info I can be pointed to?  Maybe a topic that has already covered this question?

Thanks in advance,

Tom

AgentFXA

• none
Re: GA-990FXA Slow To Boot
« Reply #1 on: May 08, 2017, 09:53:18 pm »
Perhaps install W7 on the SSD instead of using a W7 image from a different HDD?

I am using your mobo with two SSHDs and it boots to desktop within 30 seconds (W7x64)
X570 Aorus Elite Wifi / Ryzen 2700x / Gigabyte Radeon RX 7900 XT Gaming OC 20G Graphics Card / 16 GB HyperX Predator 3200 / SeaSonic 850W / Tt View 71 TG / Win10x64

Re: GA-990FXA Slow To Boot
« Reply #2 on: May 09, 2017, 11:42:44 am »
I've always had this problem and would always step away when I turned on my computer.  It takes almost 5 minutes to boot to Windows 7.  It takes 30 seconds before it begins to POST. 

I had the same problem when I ugraded my pc with a ssd and used the data transfer tool with my Samsung 850evo.

I did a clean install and problem went away.

but I suspect you could also have a hdd with smart errors or a dodgy sata cable.