Official GIGABYTE Forum

moved x99-ud3 system starts up then reboots - no video/bios visible NEED HELP

hi guys, could really use some help
i moved my system to a much larger full tower case for extra drive space and a few other perks plus lots of space

x99-ud3 mobo 5820k intel -  corsair ddr4- xfx r9 270 - seasonic 1050 gold

psu is oversized for present equipment has plenty of power

the system was working flawlessly until I moved it to the new motherboard!!!!

now all i get is fan spinup and attempt to boot 5 seconds then reboot
its an endless cycle like many had on these boards from the early bad bios's

i don't have a case speaker sadly and the new case didn't come with one oddly enough

the motherboard seems to be working fine, i even put the f22 bios on a usb and the amber light flashed a few minutes then went solid - since i'd just moved to f22 from f20 a week I used the qflash to downgrade the bios
the rewritten f22 and f20 bios do the same exact thing - power  for 5seconds then reboot
some had reported that their systems would eventually boot after many cycles so i left it 10 minutes and nothing
usb keyboard never gets power so it doesn't get to that step

i removed all connections all sata everything but the xfx video card and tried and nothing
reseated all power connections
all standoffs are correct and screws in them no grounding that i can see or issues

i'm wondering if the video card died turning the transplant possibly?

does anyone have any diagnostic steps I can take - i dont have another vid card and there is no onboard video on these

i even hooked up the power switch on the old case to the mother board to make sure the new cases switch was jammed
i disconnected all reset/hdd light usb usb3 sata etc from mobo and still can't get it to boot

i can order a speaker as so far i haven't found one here though i may have one
are there audible diagnostic beeps that might help?

motherboard flashes bios (or so it seems) perfectly

have lots of tech experience but i'm not sure what else i can do at present
i'm hoping someone has some ideas for me or ran into this problem

i presume that if the vid card died somehow that would stop it form posting?

i pulled the cmos battery and pulled power and hit power button to try to drain mobo to reset cmos
did not try to jumper cmos reset pins but i can try that if it works better than what i did with battery - let me know

im in a high humidity area so i do not think there was/is risk of static discharge here

the cpu was left on motherboard for transplant - cooler is plugged into motherboard

i'm stumped - i've got a hunch this vid card mighta took a dive but the odds are low
i reseated the vid card to the second pci area just in case with no luck
any help is much appreciated thank you sincerely

ps I could move it back to the old case just for kicks if you think it will help but its a lot of work plus having disconnected everything from the motherboard and even using the old cases power switch as a test didn't do anything for me

additional notes:
in the meantime i pulled the battery and shorted the cmos pins - same boot loop

also another note - when i did the qflash bios the fans and system stayed on the entire time during the update procedure as i presume the system should do then the amber light went solid - motherboard seems to be OK at least this aspect

put xfx video card back into original slot

any help please post...thank you again

moved mobo back to old case hoping maybe i missed something on new case
same boot cycle
none of this makes any sense
i did reflash the bios a few times as indicated in earlier post using qflash from bios usb plug and the motherboard is seeing the drive and updating properly with flashing of amber light then going solid after a few minutes

i did find a larger vintage case speaker maybe 1 inch or 1.5 inches and hooked it up to the mobo but i get no beeping or audio
its an old speaker but looks to be in good condition and i do hear a bit of a hum when powering on but  no beeps

really need any input
thanks

replaced cmos battery - other one tested ok but just in case - reset cmos - booted w/o memory and old case speaker hooked up but got no sound (this speaker is not a tiny piezo so its possible it cannot get enough power - will have to source a piezo sized one)

reseated memory, moved vid card to 3rd slot - the mobo is alive but freaking out over something
the cpu was not removed during transplant of motherboard

i really cannot figure out what happened but the mobo bios was flashed a week or so ago and seemed ok til this power down to move the unit

anyone garner any opinions?

does anyone know if the qflash bios flash procedure would work if the motherboard has gone toast?